Search the forum,

Discuss oil level gauge on double skinned tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,

Have been asked to fit watchman or a sight gauge but turns out its a double skinner....would a watchman work on this type of tank? Not a lot of double skinned tanks round these parts at the mo....

what would you guys suggest?

many thanks

dave

What tank is it Dave? They normally come pre installed.

I'd go for the apollo gauge myself.

lame/croppie - have not seen the tank yet so not sure. Have fitted plenty of watchman's but always on the old single skinned tanks so was just wondering how it works on the doubles?

what is the apollo gauge croppie?

lame/croppie - have not seen the tank yet so not sure. Have fitted plenty of watchman's but always on the old single skinned tanks so was just wondering how it works on the doubles?

what is the apollo gauge croppie?

Open the main lid on the outer tank and then there is usually a space to fit it to the inner tank, on some tanks there is a rubber bung to remove so it's super easy to fit!

Croppie, I've had 3 Appollo gauges fail in the last year. Not impressed. Would go for Watchman any time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil level gauge on double skinned tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but only got about 300L left at the moment. Please see picture. Looking for opinions on whether to get valve/filter assembly replaced due to rust or if I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
S
    • Optimistic
Hi folks we have a 5 year old Atag boiler under guarantee and the water pressure gauge has stopped working. Used the eco button for 6 seconds etc then A6 using plus button and reading is fine of pressure. Just a faulty small round gauge stuck at zero Phoned Atag told this part is not covered...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a fairly modern multifuel stove with a back boiler connected to a Elson Sapphire double feed indirect hot water tank and I need to drain down the system to move a radiator. Would anyone be able to offer any advice as to the correct drain down and refill procedure for this tank as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock