Search the forum,

Discuss oil combi CH not working help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll be as concise as possible
1 It's a Eurocal Ambassador.
2 It fires and keeps itself at temp ok.
3 Plenty hot water at the taps
4 Have stripped and cleaned the diverter valve and all seems to do as it should.
5 Have stripped and cleaned the pump.
6 Have used the pump elsewhere and it is working.
7 Have bled the system, up, down, backwards, forwards.
8 there is a non return valve on the CH side of the diverter valve, this has been stripped and cleaned and looks good.
9 Have used the microswitches to fire the pump to force water through the diverter valve non return valve and then to heating system but it doesn;t get past the valve or so it seems.

Any ideas?

Many many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil combi CH not working help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
I have a Potterton Promax combi 28HE Plus A. Hot water fine, heating not working. If I remove the diverter motor and press the valve manually, the radiators heat up! I have replaced the motor (diverter valve) and the PCB. The thermostat is a Danfoss wireless RET B-RF conected to a Danfoss RX 1...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock