Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Burner control problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rollie

Boiler is a Myson Classic V 23.5kW
Burner is a Inter 2011
Boiler PCB is a 25/0093/01 Issue 1
Controller in boiler has been replaced (TF830.3 Honeywell).

Burner attempts to start with spark generator going, fule valve opened, but motor for the blower and high pressure pump fails to start. Controller locks out after almost 1 min. Measured voltage to motor at the time and it's only 24V AC. Should be 240V. On removing 24V connect and applying 240V (link added) motor runs fine and drives blower and pump. If I syncronise the application of the 240V to the motor with the call for heat (spark gen and fuel valve open) boiler runs fine, until reaches upper thermostat temperature when fuel valve closes but as linked in 240V to motor it runs on and after 30 second I remove the 240V.

My question - what has failed to cause the 240V motor supply to drop to 24V? Am I right to suspect the boiler PCB? I have replaced the controller. Or should I check out the heating timer/programmer?

Any advice welcomed

Rollie

Get another control box as some of the 830 series had type faults. Get the latest number possible, ie TF830.x to avoid getting another faulty one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Burner control problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock