Search the forum,

Discuss oil Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coley

What is the procedure for setting the oil pressure on a oil boiler burner. Which pressure gauge kit to purchase.

Thanks
Coley

Better getting someone to set it up for you as if you change one thing you will have to change another. Should only cost around £80 or so

Testo Oil Pressure Gauge Set, priced at £69+vat on OFTEC website.

Basically, plug it in, turn on burner and adjust oil pressure accordingly, then do air. Then smoke test, then FGA, then smoke again. Easy, peasy when you know how and had a few goes but nerve racking on first few times. Presumably you're OFTEC qualified?

Hi Coley. When active in this work. I approached oil companies on behalf of client and give the oil order to the one that would commission burner etc. Saved a lot of time, expense and shed a bit of responsibility. Good Luck

Last edited:
I already found the 2 pressure test kits on oftec direct. however whats the difference between the two apart from price.

Coley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock