Discuss Oil Boiler Service Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmeh

Hi guys, out of interest what do you normally charge a customer for an Oil Boiler Service, including Nozzle and Flexi?

Just wondered as for the first time today a customer told me I was charging too much!! LOL!

If it was the first time. But you've got a load of returning custards, I wounldnt worry

Why pay extra for jam from marks and Spencer when you can go to the pound shop, it's still jam!!!

What were you charging. You only get what you pay for. A local company was offering service for £45 but they were only there for 30mins.

there is a firm doing a GLSC plus a service for £45 which is mental

Depends on the customer and the state of the boiler and/or mess I have to work in (if applicable).

I have just put mine up to £70 plus parts and I am happy to get three in a day with travelling and probably one breakdown.

Well I quoted £85 including parts, which I thought was reasonable!

£60 plus parts. A local major oil supply company is doing them for this so it pretty much sets the maximum charge for everyone else.

I don't reckon you can service a boiler properly in less than 1 hour and check everything.

Last edited:
down in sunny cornwall, a major oil supply company charges £105 (inc Parts n Vat) :)

With us the local oil supplier will service your boiler for free if you buy the oil off them

Started off at £65 a service but soon realised this was way too cheap as a lot of the guys round town were charging nearly £100.
I've been charging £85.00 including a nozzle for the past few months and I've only had one customer turn his nose up ( a guy with a grand piano, 7 bed house and a boiler that hasn't been looked after!!!)
If it's an old dear I'll do it cheaper because I'm a soppy sod like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Boiler Service Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back