Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nathan36

Hi Guys,
Hoping someone can help me with this,
The problem originally occured when my clien was having their roof redone, and a tile fell ontop of the valve ontop of the storage tank breaking it, and so the oil was no longer getting to the boiler.
Before they realised this was the case they had run the pipes dry and heard a loud noise when it has ran dry.(reckon this could have broken something maybe).
6 weeks down the line I have just replaced the valve on the top, and oil is certainly getting to the oil filter.I have sucked out any air gaps.
I have taken off the supply flexible and dunked it in the heating oil whilst trying to turn the boiler on and it didnt start up.

The boiler was working before this happened,

Any suggestions of things I could try are welcome
Thanks in advanced

It will need bleeding at the burner. It's not a job you want to tackle without knowing what your doing.
Call a local oftec registered technician. 10 minute job ( but will cost an hour.)

If they've tried to restart it more than a couple of times with no oil then they'll have broken the burner. It'll need a new bit.

For which you need training, tools and test gear to replace.

Could be expensive. Amazing how a small issue can escalate into something more expensive because people fiddle and play.

Why are you fiddling with something you are not competent in and if you are doing it for a client, charging them I presume.

It's simple, get somebody out and the roofers pay the bill. You're not the roofer by any chance ? :)

as above.. where are you ?

attend an oftec training course for pj burners for starters

No im not the roofer,
I am a trained heating engineer and am actually working in France, where things like oftec dont exist.

Obviously not trained in oil though. You will have to get old of somebody familiar with oil. There could be a number of things wrong.

Make sure you are there when they are. It won't be a lot of time but you could pick up a few things on the oil side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil boiler not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock