Search the forum,

Discuss oil boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

I'm a Gas safe engineer and have been asked to install an oil boiler,i have not seen the job yet.

Can i install the boiler and ask(pay) building control to sign it off

Obviously i would have to follow the MI's to the letter

I'm sure one of oilies Will correct me but I believe in you used to be able to do what you are proposing but fairly recently it has fallen in line with Gas Safe in that the install has to be done by a qualified engineer

Just get one if your oilly mates to come and commission it

Once upon a time it was the commissioning as the notification. It has now changed. It is now the installation side.

Note to op. If you install it. How you going to start it up?

Better finding somebody who does oil to do it with you. Then you know whats what and everything is above board. You might even get to like the smell of kerosene for breakfast :)

You might even get to like the smell of kerosene for breakfast :)

I hated it when I first started oil but now I hardly notice it. My van stinks of oil all the time from used pumps, hoses etc in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock