Discuss oftec technical books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone help me, where can I get the technical books other than from Oftec, it appears that Oftec like all the other organisations add 33% if you are not a member, however to become a member you have to complete 101 etc but you need the books before you can complete the course to become a member.
this sounds very much like the : you can become gas safe if you can pass the courses but you also need experience, you cant get expereience because you have'nt passed the courses.
it seems like 1 massive merry go round.
I have googled etc but cant seem to find anywhere else to buy them.

cheers
Stani

One of the lads used Worcseter for his 5 year refresher in February, through one of their deals, install 6 boilers and get free training. Worcester supplied him with a full set of new books for the course.

I think OFTEC do them at a deal for trainees on an accredited course.

They sometimes turn up on Ebay but I expect those are old versions

Can anyone help me, where can I get the technical books other than from Oftec, it appears that Oftec like all the other organisations add 33% if you are not a member, however to become a member you have to complete 101 etc but you need the books before you can complete the course to become a member.
this sounds very much like the : you can become gas safe if you can pass the courses but you also need experience, you cant get expereience because you have'nt passed the courses.
it seems like 1 massive merry go round.
I have googled etc but cant seem to find anywhere else to buy them.

cheers
Stani

Hi Stani

Are you are still wanting to purchase OFTEC books 1 to 4 (latest amendments) and Domestic Heating Design book.

I ended up with two brand new sets of the above due to a training provider cancelling the 101,105 & 600 course and assessments in Jan 2012
The second training provider supplied the books as part of the course fee and would not reduce the cost if you already had the books, so I kept the new set.

I am open to sensible offers as OFTEC price is £ 45.00 ea and £ 29.00 for the DHDB, on average training providers sell them at £125 to £145 per set of 5.

Regards
F6LIGHTNING

thanks F6lightning, but managed to get some, thanks anyway. but there might be someone else who needs them.
stani

Hi Stani

Are you are still wanting to purchase OFTEC books 1 to 4 (latest amendments) and Domestic Heating Design book.

I ended up with two brand new sets of the above due to a training provider cancelling the 101,105 & 600 course and assessments in Jan 2012
The second training provider supplied the books as part of the course fee and would not reduce the cost if you already had the books, so I kept the new set.

I am open to sensible offers as OFTEC price is £ 45.00 ea and £ 29.00 for the DHDB, on average training providers sell them at £125 to £145 per set of 5.

Regards
F6LIGHTNING

Are the books still avaiable I am interested in the OFTEC books 1 to 4
Kmais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oftec technical books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back