Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Oftec fail rate percentage in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. freeoil

freeoil New Member

To oftec and none oftec techs.
    Can anybody tell me if they have heard off or know off any lads that have actually failed an exam or inspection. Obviously I don't want people named and shamed but would like to get an idea of the fail rate in particular areas.This all relates to a conversation I had with a certain tech down in the Grant factory in Co Offaly so I am eager for genuine details.
    Thanks

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Never seen anyone fail.
    It's meant to be a training exercise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Unless you manage to blow up the building when doing the practical test, you shouldn't fail. :)

4. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

I failed an inspection as the auditor insisted that fire protection had to be placed on any fence surrounding the oil tank. I complained to OFTEC as their manuals state that fire protection is only required where an oil tank is adjacent to a boundary fence between two properties. I got an apology and my grading changed to a pass.

5. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

In my part of the world the list of oftec Engineers seems to have people on it that don’t actually do oil!

What’s that about ?

Why are people registered who don’t do the job?

Or have I misunderstood the situation

6. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

Anything short of firing up a burner outside of a combustion chamber will have them giving you help and advice rather than see you fail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

It's more of an excercise in proving you know where to look when you come across something you can't remember.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Pity the Oftec books are imo so deliberately made so difficult to interpret or find what you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1