Search the forum,

Discuss Oftec 101 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys? I'm pretty new to doing oil, I have OFTEC 101.

Can I replace an oil boiler with oftec 101 or do I need another add-on for this?
Also, I understand that if you are not oftec registered, you can't self certify the installation, so you need to go through building control. Do you know roughly how much building control charge to certify an installation?

TIA

101 is seevicing and commissioning a pressure jet appliance. The notification is on the install now which is 105. Other bodies competent person schemes can be used instead of oftec.

Building control round our way is about 200 to 250. But a waste of time as they can't tell the difference between a pressure jet appliance and a deep fat fryer.

101 is seevicing and commissioning a pressure jet appliance. The notification is on the install now which is 105. Other bodies competent person schemes can be used instead of oftec.

Building control round our way is about 200 to 250. But a waste of time as they can't tell the difference between a pressure jet appliance and a deep fat fryer.

Thanks for the info Simon!

I was thinking if it's not to expensive for building control then I could go down that route as I'd only be doing a couple a year, but seems like it might be better to become registered.

Thanks for the info Simon!

I was thinking if it's not to expensive for building control then I could go down that route as I'd only be doing a couple a year, but seems like it might be better to become registered.

Or you could pay an OFTEC registered person a few pounds for doing a commission etc for you.
Not supposed to, but no difference than paying for a building halfinspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oftec 101 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock