Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ3 + ACS cost. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1P

Gas Engineer
My son has just completed his NVQ2 at a local technical college.He intends to do his gas qualifications and has been offered a 1 day a week NVQ3 + ACs for £1300.There may be additional costs for various elements of ACS.He appreciates that the main difficulty will be getting the relevant practical work for an NVQ portfolio and will try to ensure this is possible before commencing the course.Do you think that this figure is the going rate? To be honest it seems pretty reasonable to me.

it seems very cheap to me, obviously he wil have to pay extra for appliances wich will bump the cost up, but if he gets it for that he's onto a winner.

the only draw back is finding someone who does gas work to take him on for his eveidence, who did he do his nvq2 with, could they not help out??

Hi Andy,i think this is via a training group within the College who at present have funding and are cheaper than the actual college.Hope this doesn't get withdrawn.He has been self-employed for 3 years and the tutors assessed work he was doing-not easy to arrange.He has worked on central heating with Gas safe engineers but getting extended time and a variety of work will be difficult as well as impacting on his business.Taking a day out for College in the middle of a bathroom re-fit makes the job harder to organise and explain.It will perhaps be easier to be upfront for gas training .

this is a plumbing nvq3 and not a gas one i presume, dont confuse the two. nvq3 in plumbing does include the acs but is a plumbing qual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ3 + ACS cost. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock