Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ2 Question and advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have just recently been employed as an apprentice and I am due to start my NVQ2 course in September. I was just curious as to how long this course could potentially take? I have City & Guilds Level 1, 2 and 3. I've heard some people take up to 2 years and some 9 or so months.

Also, on completion of NVQ2 I will of course have the option of NVQ3 or becoming gas safe, is NVQ3 really that important?? I don't want to spend more time at college than I have to and I'd love to get the gas work ASAP.

Thanks, Lee

Nvq if your in a position to do work daily you could have it signed off in 3 or 4 month. If given the chance forget about nvq3 and aim for gas.
Its nice to have but not many jobs require it.
If gas engineers had to have it for the plumbing side then 90% would be out of work as not many have or need it. Some employers require it, but not many lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas lasts for 5 years and needs repeating an NVQ is for ever and is competence based
The ACS is safety based

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ2 Question and advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock