Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deane

hi all,

Im doing my plumbing nvq apprentaship i have already got my diploma so basically just doing what i done at college on site, obviously i have to do new installs but where i work as maintenance i dont do alot of install work. so would i get away with replacing existing toilets baths sinks ect. with new ones but using the existing pipework?

thanks

Would say so to, it's all plumbing work.
Ask the person in charge of getting your portfolio done.
I had stuff like that in myn tho mate.

We only do heating so our youngsters had to decommission and reinstall sinks, basins and loos on ch jobs just to get points. Even reseated outside taps. Removing and re installing counts for two items and if you replace a washer it's another item.

I removed and re fitted parents bathroom while they were on holiday to complete my nvq2 lol assessor just stuck down next doors address

1 job can count for 4 tasks
From memory the bigger tasks were

Central heating x 2

Decom
Prep
Install
Test

Must be full system with more than 4 rads in size
(Does not include electrics or boiler. Not in remit of task)

Hot cold water x 2
1 must be full bathroom new or existing
Or both can be or the other a kitchen.

Decom
Prep
Install
Test

So with those above theres 16 tasks out the way.

About 30 odd in all, others being repairs maintenance etc.

hi all,

Im doing my plumbing nvq apprentaship i have already got my diploma so basically just doing what i done at college on site, obviously i have to do new installs but where i work as maintenance i dont do alot of install work. so would i get away with replacing existing toilets baths sinks ect. with new ones but using the existing pipework?

thanks
The short answer deane is no, as others have said the install tasks must be just that. It needs to include running new cold, hot or heating pipework, you don't need to do a full bathroom, although this is often the easiest way, if you work in the commercial world baths may not be an option, so you can use a number of wc's, basins or sinks etc.These would have to be new installs not exchange.

Please have a word with your onsite assessor that is what they are therefore.

Thanks for the help guys, i am now working for the company that does all the install work at the place i maintain. Already done 2 bathrooms so now all there is left is 2 kitchens then i will have my NVQ.:vanish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock