Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss NVQ Level 3 Questions in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. FunkyOstrich

FunkyOstrich New Member

Hi guys. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the colleges in London as they don't offer the Level 3 Diploma in plumbing over weekends. The one who does, Able Skills, reserves the places on their weekend course for students who completed the level 2 Diploma with then only. All the colleges wants me to complete the level 3 Diploma(At £3000) before I enrole for the level 3 NVQ. I have completed the level 2 Diploma but not the level 2 NVQ.

So finally my question, is there a way to complete the level 3 NVQ without having level 2 NVQ? City and Guilds state on their website that if you have sufficient experience you can progress straight to the level 3 NVQ but I'd like to know from someone who has gone that route and what college/training centre can I contact?

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

The answer is no you can't undertake a Level 3 NVQ without first completing the Level 2 it is an entry requirement & quite rightly so.

How much practical hands on experience have you got when ? none, a few weeks or a year ?

C&G make that statement for those Plumbers who have been working of a good number of years in the industry but did not have the opportunity at the time of their training to undertake it.
    They will asked to prove their knowledge & practical skills before being allowed onto the level 3 which is all the advanced stuff like pipework design, heat loss & rad sizing etc etc etc.

I don't no your personal plumbing experience Funky but I would be interested to know why you think you have the right to progress without having seen the real plumbing world so that as you learn the more advanced stuff you can see how it is applied to the work that we do.

• Like Like x 1