Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iluvit

Hi

Does anyone know how I complete my NVQ level 2 for plumbing I have just completed the Technical Certificate level 2.

Is there a Training centre/college I can do this through?

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know how I complete my NVQ level 2 for plumbing I have just completed the Technical Certificate level 2.

Is there a Training centre/college I can do this through?

Thanks

what about the one you did your tech cert with. I presume since youve done a tech cert they told u how to get an NVQ? You probably know u need an employer, do you have one?

Not another one :/

You need to build up evidence of work you have done with an employer, good luck finding one.

The college I did the tec cert at doesnt do the NVQ side of it, they have advised to get this whilst working but no jobs out there, so was hoping some college/training centre provided this.

Thanks

there maybe centres wich take you to do your nvq side, but your going to have to pay a lot of money to do so £2000-£5000, and theres no gurantee.

wich area do you live in??

have you googled the nvq 2??

I live in Manchester, 2k-5k is way out of reach, I guess this is why so many people are doing the Tec certificate and not completeing the NVQ???
I guess I will have to keep job hunting thanks for your help.

could you not contact another college within your area, there will be a college that does it somewhere near you.

but the big and most important thing is getting someone to take you on who can sign your work off for you.

good luck cause it aint easy.

The college I did the tec cert at doesnt do the NVQ side of it, they have advised to get this whilst working but no jobs out there, so was hoping some college/training centre provided this.

Thanks

i didnt think colleges were allowed to offer only Tec cert? thought they could only offer it with the possibility to upgrade? maybe this is different for private centres, was it a private centre u trained at? what was the place called?

this is where you need to be asking, or self employed route. alas, the college route!.

SEPTEMBER 2008
Training Organisations which provide Experienced Workers Profiling / Assessment Services for the H&V Domestic Qualification
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Please do not be disheartened if there does not appear to be a centre near where you live. After an initial visit to your chosen centre, the majority of the work will be assessed on-site. Liverpool Community College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]139 Vauxhall Road [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Liverpool, L3 6BN [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 0151 252 4727 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][email protected] [/FONT]
[/FONT]Robert Blackmore
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Leeds College of Building [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]North Street [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Leeds. LS2 7QT [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 0113 222 6074 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Tony Hall
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Manchester College of Arts & Technology [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Welcomb Street [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Manchester [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]M11 2NP [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 0161 920 2611 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Graham Beswick [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Southampton City College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]St Mary Street [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Southampton [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Hants, SO14 1AR [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 023 8057 7279 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Matt Hollis
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Blackpool & The Fylde College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Ashfield Road [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Bispham [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Blackpool [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Lancashire [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]FT2 0HB [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 01253 504095 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Shaun O’Malley
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Optimus Training [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3 Bramley Drive [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Offord D’Arcy [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]St Neots [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Cambs, PE19 5SF [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 01480 810619 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Jonathan Clarke
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Tullos Training Centre [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Craigshaw Drive [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]West Tullos [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Aberdeen [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]AB12 3AL [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 01224 872316 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Jim Martin
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Deeside College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Kelsterton Road [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Connah’s Quay [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Deeside, Flintshire [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]CH5 4BR [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 01244 831531 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Gwyn Hughes
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Oaklands College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Acrewood Way Campus [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Unit 1 Security House [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Acrewood Way [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]St Albans [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Herts, AL4 0HY [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 01727 899680 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Ronald Edwards
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]North West London College [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Dundden Hill Lane [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]London [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]NW10 2XD [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tel: 0208 208 5130 [/FONT]
[/FONT]Graham Price

dont forget, you cannot get an nvq without working!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try NTPS Training in HYde on there web site they quote 1292.50. they good blokes

Hi
I'm in the same situation and in south Wales.
Does anybody know any good organisations/assessment centers in this area??
Thanks
Liam

directed to iluvit. regardless what people tell you, you do not have to be employed to do nvq 2. i completed mine earlier this year and im in building maintenance and self employed. everyone keeps going on about workplace recorder, when you find a job that involves ie decom and or commission hot or cold or both, you apply to your nvq supplier for an assessment, the assessor will be your workplace recorder. of course there are several different tasks that need doing but what i have mentioned is a good example, as far as your nvq supplier goes you say you are in manchester, OLCI at heywood, tuition excellent facilities not brill but do the job. need anymore help give me a shout. same goes out to liam-trainee. oh and while i remember, all jobs you do whether for friend or family take picture of your progress and do a write up, show these to your assessor on his first visit and he will tell you if they can be included. good luck.

directed to iluvit. regardless what people tell you, you do not have to be employed to do nvq 2. i completed mine earlier this year and im in building maintenance and self employed. everyone keeps going on about workplace recorder, when you find a job that involves ie decom and or commission hot or cold or both, you apply to your nvq supplier for an assessment, the assessor will be your workplace recorder. of course there are several different tasks that need doing but what i have mentioned is a good example, as far as your nvq supplier goes you say you are in manchester, OLCI at heywood, tuition excellent facilities not brill but do the job. need anymore help give me a shout. same goes out to liam-trainee. oh and while i remember, all jobs you do whether for friend or family take picture of your progress and do a write up, show these to your assessor on his first visit and he will tell you if they can be included. good luck.

You have just admitted you have to be employed, what you have sugegsted is 'self employed' which is still employed!

when someone makes a statement "you have to be employed" 9 times out of 10 this statement is misconstrude as with an empolyer.

Thanks Adrianfs1

I did think it was with a Employer I will look into.

to be self employed you need a certain standard of skills to carry out the work. Difficult to justify charging somebody for work when your first starting out and have no exoperience

Thanks for the info guys am trying to do exactly the same as above - am self employed - have jobs lined up to fullfill the criteria - just need a decent college to do them in north wales - any help please

The thing i find strange about this "self employed status" is that in the NVQ folder it states that the Work Based Recorder must be employed by the same company as the apprentice !and needs to have at least 5 years trade experiance,. Or am i reading it wrong ?
Coltheplumb x

Thanks for the info guys am trying to do exactly the same as above - am self employed - have jobs lined up to fullfill the criteria - just need a decent college to do them in north wales - any help please
try dudley college birmingham.
ps. i know where you live.

The thing i find strange about this "self employed status" is that in the NVQ folder it states that the Work Based Recorder must be employed by the same company as the apprentice !and needs to have at least 5 years trade experiance,. Or am i reading it wrong ?
Coltheplumb x
no it dosn't, yours may be.
the 5 years i think is right tho.

5 years is right, must be either fully qualified or have at kleast 5 years experience. they should be working with the traineee and therefore be able to sign to say its all their work supervised by them

Have just spoke to a tutor about an NVQ only way is when you are in the industry so the tech cert alone is not much good. Thanks T4TS, where do we go now?????

jamie, you are talking about whats known as a direct access nvq. this is for experienced plumbers, prob is there alot more onsite work with this than there is if you already have a tec cert and you still have to do all the tech cert exams, so its hardley the short cut people thought it would be

Getting the 6129 is the easy bit, I had alot of trouble finding a company that would take me on to complete my NVQ as no-one wanted to commit to employment. In the end I worked for pretty much nothing to get an employer to take me on. I dont regret it but it was hard to get by this way.

When your self-employed 2 problems I can think of is who's going to hold the camera to take pictures of you? The customer?
"Can you just take a picture of me fitting your basin as I need it to become qualified you see" Im sure you'll get some nervous looking customers.

And another one; your not getting experienced on the job advice from someone who's been doing the job for years. Your going to miss out on alot of teaching and advice which is the point of an NVQ isnt it?

Stu

as ive sid stu its not desinged for self employed becasue there needs to be a qualified engineer/plumber signing off the work having verified it is your work, ie saw you do it

If you are self employed t is OK if they are not working with you but pop in and check on you.

Any help, need a college locally to do my 6089. Live around the Chester, North Wales area, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Anyone done a NVQ and can help around this area. Also still looking out for someone who can help with getting to a good level. Have alot of work lined up were a local plumber may benefit quite alot from. So everyone's a winner

Looking for the best route rather than the quickest - so something where i can learn from one of the best

Hi,
I am 39 years of age and have recently been made redundant.
I now see this as an opportunity to embark on a new career in plumbing and heating. I have previously worked in the plumbing industry and have knowledge and experience in the duties of running pipework, boiler installations, full central heating installations, servicing of boilers, fault finding and repairs and general jobbing duties. I also have experience running screwed and barrelled pipework on an industrial level.
I am starting the city and guilds 6129 basic plumbing level 2 course at Midkent college in September and i intend to run the NVQ 6089 alongside this providing i can find employment within the industry.
I am honest, hardworking, trustworthy and reliable, and willing to learn. I have my own tools and a clean driving license and my own vehicle.
I am looking to learn and gain knowledge from an experienced plumber/heating engineer.
If you or anyone you know could utilise me and my skills i would be extremely grateful of the opportunity to learn and train with you.
I live in the Sevenoaks area of Kent, and am able to travel into London.
Also any tips, addresses, contacts or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks Chris Morris.
[email protected]

Hi,
I am 39 years of age and have recently been made redundant.
I now see this as an opportunity to embark on a new career in plumbing and heating. I have previously worked in the plumbing industry and have knowledge and experience in the duties of running pipework, boiler installations, full central heating installations, servicing of boilers, fault finding and repairs and general jobbing duties. I also have experience running screwed and barrelled pipework on an industrial level.
I am starting the city and guilds 6129 basic plumbing level 2 course at Midkent college in September and i intend to run the NVQ 6089 alongside this providing i can find employment within the industry.
I am honest, hardworking, trustworthy and reliable, and willing to learn. I have my own tools and a clean driving license and my own vehicle.
I am looking to learn and gain knowledge from an experienced plumber/heating engineer.
If you or anyone you know could utilise me and my skills i would be extremely grateful of the opportunity to learn and train with you.
I live in the Sevenoaks area of Kent, and am able to travel into London.
Also any tips, addresses, contacts or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks Chris Morris.
[email protected]

You wil not be starting the 6129 in September, IT DOES NOT EXSIST!!!!!!!

If you are correct, What have they taken my £2020 for then, and should i go back to the college and ask for a refund.
EXIST !!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution.

If you are correct, What have they taken my £2020 for then, and should i go back to the college and ask for a refund.
EXIST !!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution.

what they could have done is signed you up and registered you with c and g now, once april passes you can no longer register, so theyve either done it now or youll get a shock in september, id check

so, what course would be then in september?

because am just about to start C&G 6129 this month (march). do you think worth to have a go?

i didnt think colleges were allowed to offer only Tec cert? thought they could only offer it with the possibility to upgrade? maybe this is different for private centres, was it a private centre u trained at? what was the place called?

yeah you can do your tech cert, some are even working on there own to get there nvq, so basically teaching them selfs

if you have the 6129 there is no teaching or learning required for the nvq as it is all evidenace based

Is there any employers out there willing to take on a compotent and confident plumber? currently taking tech certificate in level 3 plumbing, and need to get the NVQ level 2 and 3. I am willing to do voluntary work. please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m 31 years old hard working and always try to produce quality work. I’ve just finished my level 2 diploma in Plumbing at Leeds college for building. I want to sign up to the NVQ L2 course but need a plumber to work with. I have my own Van and some tools. If there is anyone in the Leeds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in 2011. The first thing I done after secondary school was gain my Domestic Plumbing and Heating City and Guilds Level 2 and then 3 at college. However...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Good evening PlumbersForum I know this is probably the most commonly asked question but instead of looking through similar threads, maybe it would be best to write about my own circumstances. Basically ive been in trade for nearly 8 years now (left school a year early to become a builders...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock