Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ as self employed ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bella100

hi has anyone done the NVQ level 2 as self employed i know its not ideal but getting desperate to complete it now.
thanks in advance

there were some on the same course as me doing that, as long as you have the work i think its ok!

yes but no,

i got sacked by my uncle and did not finish my apprenticeship, that was years ago and have been s-emp since 1990.
i decided for a few reasons to take the nvq's and even s-emp how can you sign off your own work referances?.
you need a qualified NVQ plumber to work with and sign off those jobs.

what your saying is like marking your own exam paper, not going to work is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did all my nvq level 2 / 3 and gas course as self employed, had no trouble at all with it

who signed off your modules to say you followed the correct procedures?

cant see how you did your gas self employed??? i needed 25 gas jobs supervised to pass my gas!!!

Redsaw, I did my nvq 2 as self employed, had the assessor come out plenty of times, nothing dodgy either. I was piping a house up and he just said right looks good, spoke to customer, he did five more visits and signed off.

Redsaw, I did my nvq 2 as self employed, had the assessor come out plenty of times, nothing dodgy either. I was piping a house up and he just said right looks good, spoke to customer, he did five more visits and signed off.

like i said;- you had supervised inspection!. bet that cost you?

mine came once. but i was subbing to another guy who signed the sheets lol

cant see how you did your gas self employed??? i needed 25 gas jobs supervised to pass my gas!!!

I have worked with me old man from school as self employed, he is gas safe so was supervising me all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ as self employed ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock