Search the forum,

Discuss Numatic George new motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
This is a long shot but its driving me mad, my George needed a new motor so I fitted this one from ebay but now the suction is massively reduced, it makes the right noise but its only about 30% suction of what it should be.

MOTOR FOR NUMATIC GEORGE GVE370 WET & DRY HOOVER VAC GENUINE PART 205424 | eBay

The motor only goes in one way and you can't reverse the wires.

I'm stumped..

air leak?

Phil, did you notice anything in the housing of the original cleaner? I know the 250 model (basically like an all metal industrial version of the Henry) had some padding in the air outlet (I think) and this blocked the motor from working fully when soot had entered the motor due to a burst bag and burned nylon filter because a spark from soot had ignited.

It must be an air leak...i need to find an exploded diagram.

1)_service_(gve370).jpg

[video=youtube_share;PfnRiB6ZFwA]https://youtu.be/PfnRiB6ZFwA[/video]

[video=youtube;fYllryQhPQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYllryQhPQI[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks Shaun, I think maybe that big bottom gasket is still stuck to the old motor and is in the bin in the garage, I will look tomorrow and update..:smiley2:

it would be like losing a favourite pet if my george gave up working!!

£50 what!!

i can get you a fully reconditioned one with all new accesories for that ;)

Phil you haven't knocked the low and high switch when changing the motor have you (green switch ) ?

Anywhere local? I could do with a new Henry/George.

i can get you a recon one and new tools for about £50 no prob (any vac even dyson or neumatic s/s industrials), depends where you are?

thats a 2 stage motor for one or two speed vac, somehow it switches to full power either on the wiring poles or a by-pass switch for single speed!
is it 2 wire connection/3 pole you have?

i can get you a recon one and new tools for about £50 no prob (any vac even dyson or neumatic s/s industrials), depends where you are?

Sorry to hijack the thread. Nice, I'm in Giltbrook, Nottingham. Near IKEA.

Got it working now, thanks guys especially Shaun for that exploded diagram, the bottom motor gasket was missing! I had it sandwiched in with the top one for some reason. :smiley2:

Good lad had to be something simple and a easy fix :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Numatic George new motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock