Search the forum,

Discuss Nu heat underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Hey guys n gals,

Anybody had any dealings or fitted their ufh heating products. The customer has decided to go with these people, because the thin trays are retro fitted to the floorboards and something like a 30mm screed put on top, so the customer can tile everywhere. It’s a huge very old property. I’m more alarmed that it’s goimg to have 6 manifolds... 3 up 3 down and they’re all served by one pump in the boiler room, meaning there’s no blending valve or pump on each manifold. This doesn’t sit good with me.

Thanks

How many zones ?

Total or each manifold ?

Sounds too much

Wants a llh with two pumps one for up one for down mixers and either two main blended or one at each man

I didn’t consider putting a llh into the equation, but yes one pump supplying everything seems bonkers. But apparently they have some sort of assurance policy that comes with the system. They design everything, even all the pipework feeding the manifolds.

He was bragging on how they’ve got a massive % of the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t consider putting a llh into the equation, but yes one pump supplying everything seems bonkers. But apparently they have some sort of assurance policy that comes with the system. They design everything, even all the pipework feeding the manifolds.

He was bragging on how they’ve got a massive % of the market.

i would get something written up and get them to sign it

design done by x and x installed to spec etc

I can believe the low stuff isn't cheap but saves having to dig out etc

I would try and think ahead if it doesn't work so do two runs and join them back by the pump etc

Just connected to something similar but not quite so big
By nuheat
There is a boiler with LLH, heating zone, hot water zone and then the UFH has a pump module which supply's all UFH

Like I said earlier Shaun, they design All the pipe runs too, there’s a schematic drawing with pipesizes to the manifold.

Follow spec then you can't be held accountable

Yep I've fitted Nu Heat on a job, 1 pump station for 2 manifolds which I thought strange but it works well for the job.

I didn't like the pipe that much and they were short on on of the circuits by about 9 metres!
They gave me 2 options, 1st they would supply a compression coupler and more pipe or 2nd they would send a longer coil of pipe, went with the longer pipe for piece of mind!

Reply to Nu heat underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I am seriously stuck with an underfloor heating system which isn’t getting warm enough. I have previously had it working perfect in January however is been off a year and now decided no to play ball. I have changed the reliance thurmogaurd mixer which has helped and the manifold is now getting...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and it has to be able to withstand hundreds of miles of Australian corrugated roads and many thousands more of very bumpy roads of all sorts. A shaky floor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock