Search the forum,

Discuss Nozzle types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
Can we clear this on up please?
can you use an EH nozzle if you don't have an ES?
If not, why?
I know you should always replace with the same as the manufacturers say but is there any real reasons?
i know some of you guys on here have ben oilers for years, I've Ben doing it a while but get so many varying opinions!
Would appreciate all your views on nozzles
Regards

I'll use a H for a EH or a S for a ES and adjust the oil as necessary. Can only carry so many bits :)

I already have God knows how many nozzles.....never the right one though!!!
How many do you carry- shed loads I guess?

I counted mine over the weekend for a van audit.

If you allow an average price of ÂŁ6.00 I've ÂŁ900.00 sitting in a case in the van.

How do you store yours?

I counted mine over the weekend for a van audit.

If you allow an average price of ÂŁ6.00 I've ÂŁ900.00 sitting in a case in the van.

How do you store yours?

Average of 3 or 4 of each would you say?

I have two of the red danfoss nozzle boxes. One for hollows and one for solids. Normally have about 80 nozzles on the van. But hwos is only 15 miles from me.

Try to have at least 4 of the regular sizes. Two of the less popular and then a missmatch of others. But I only carry Danfoss and oils not my main business at the moment.

A lot of identical burners have different types of nozzles specified. Some say hollow nozzles, some say solid nozzles, or a combination. It doesn't add up.
Warmflow, for example, used hollow (H) nozzles for years on many of their domestic boilers. Then they switched to solid (S) nozzles. Then they started using 60 degree instead of 80 degree.
I think it is sometimes good enough to go by the burner manufacturer more than the boiler manufacturer.
I prefer Hollow nozzles and 80 degree for most boilers burning kerosine, but test readings are excellent with others also. I do try to put exact nozzle to output recommended on MIs

l carry an hwos case, full though, started with their assortment but tend to carry the ones i use, got mostly es/eh, blinking rayburn now use H.LE nozzle, ÂŁ20 a pop!!

Grants are mostly EH and WB are mostly ES...........???????

It is very easy just to assume that the boiler manufacturers are all experts and have extremely clever scientists wearing white coats who sort out the set up of burners in lab experiments.
Truth is, they probably just use some ordinary bloke like us who thinks, - I like H nozzles and think I will try them.

get hold of the danfoss booklet that details all their bits n bobs plus has a nozzle comparison chart, free from HWOS

I had red danfoss boxes, now changed to hwos box which is full. Each vertical line is different size left to right, mostly 80eh at top with 60es and odd sizes on bottom. Easy to find and see whats low. I try and follow boiler manual when ever possible as nozzle sized for shape of combustion chamber. As said got hundreds of pounds worth and still get caught out.

I had red danfoss boxes, now changed to hwos box which is full. Each vertical line is different size left to right, mostly 80eh at top with 60es and odd sizes on bottom. Easy to find and see whats low. I try and follow boiler manual when ever possible as nozzle sized for shape of combustion chamber. As said got hundreds of pounds worth and still get caught out.

I bet your sock drawer has condoms arranged by colour and ribbed or not ribbed :):):):):)

so no sex life then :)

to tired when you get home from all that work....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nozzle types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock