Search the forum,

Discuss notice gas safety related advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

sorry but we cant condone giving out gas safety related advice to non qualified people this includes all aspects of gas installation and repair,if we see anyone giving out advice that we feel may compromise safety we will close that thread
thank you for your understanding,and dont be offended if we close your thread but at the end of the day safety does not have a price

Cheers Gasman.

We do not want to see any fatalities caused by the use of advice from these forums.

I am gas safe reg, I've used this site for the last few years and got great advice from other engineers, why the changes and what do I need to do so I can speak to other gas engineers about the fault

like it says pm your gs details to gasman or redsaw , its done as we have a duty of care - simples . sure you understand

It would be the same as you standing in the middle of a packed Wembley Stadium with a loud hailer describing how to fix a fault to an unproven GSR on the other side. 40,000 people can hear. Of them a handful will think "That sounds easy!", give it a go and promptly kill themselves, their families and their kittens.

Ok fair enough I understand the reasons for doing this, but it's not like I'm a new member so I just wondered why my posts are being closed now. So messages redsaw with my details so can I talk on the forum now

You can but nothing gas or boiler related until you have access to the GSR private forum, and then only in there.

No message your gsr details to start the application to be allowed in the gsr section and 28 posts in 2 years your still a newbie lol

No message your gsr details to start the application to be allowed in the gsr section and 28 posts in 2 years your still a newbie lol

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not using the forum, I only come on if I come across a problem I can't fix myself, to seek advice, too many ignorant members thinking they know it all is the problem in this industry.

am sure them ignorant members will give you all the help you feel your entitled to then

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not using the forum, I only come on if I come across a problem I can't fix myself, to seek advice, too many ignorant members thinking they know it all is the problem in this industry.
I am to ignorant to give YOU any advice :) teapot ;)

I'm sure the engineers who wish to give advice will give advice, not post smart remarks which don't help anyone. I'm not entitled to anymore help than the next guy but if someone seeks advice which I could help with I'd be glad to help, after all thts usually what forums are about. Obviously there's a seasoned member in every forum who likes to get there point across when it's not in any way relevant

i find saftey number one so as been said pm your gs details to gasman or redsaw lets see how you get on

Ok thanks for the advice, already done tht. Il just try find the answer to my question through other posts for now.
cheers

Thanks for the offer BOD, il get on it tomorrow and hopefully have it fixed, suspect it to be NTC's so il replace tomorrow, tested resistance today and didnt seem to far off so if sensors don't fix it I suppose il look at the board. Sorry about being bit of a wolly earlier, I'm stressed to the max with various jobs so I'm on at the moment, just not enough time in the day. Anyway hope il get the GSR sorted and be aloud to seek further advice.
all the best

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't bother giving advise anymore as I don't know where on the forums is safe to give advise.

Well I think we are hitting a bit of a wall here. There is advice given on gas safety relevant thing only in restricted areas now. But what about advice on controls? These clearly fall under electric regulations. Oil boilers? An endless list of things can be dangerous and literally all fall under any type of regulation.
Be it food hygiene / health risks if it comes to mains water. Be it safety concerns on any type of energy. Be it ventilation etc. on waste water.

Some have a more drastic and local effect as for energy. Others can endanger over a long period public property or even a large amount of people like stored water or unsuitable water outlets.

We have drawn one line here but we have to do it sensible as the nature of the forum is indeed public.

I think it's a difficult line to judge, but the mods do a good job from what I can see from the outside. You will never stop Mr DIY Numpty having a go - forum or no forum, but by keeping the gas related advice out of the public view, you are doing as best as anyone could.

Hi Gasman Im gas safe registered how do i get on the gas safe forum?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to notice gas safety related advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock