Search the forum,

Discuss Norway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
because i think we can do better than how Westminster think we should be run.

no argument there then!.lol.

but i think you lot are selfish......what about me,?. i'm stuck wiv it.lol.

'get me outta here'

Last edited by a moderator:
no argument there then!.lol.

but i think you lot are selfish......what about me,?. i'm stuck wiv it.lol.

'get me outta here'

Just pack your stuff and flit up here. Get yourself established before the influx :lol:

You may want to edit out this bit but i'll write it anyway.
These are the words of a song called the Scottish breakaway. A 1960's song that was sung at just about every new year party i was ever at when i was young.
Sung to the tune of the sash. System won't like that one but he will like the words.

Oh, Scotland hesna got a King,
And hesne got a Queen.
For ye canny huv the saicint Liz
When the first yin's never been.

Chorus
Nae Liz the twa, nae Lillibet the wan,
Nae Liz will ever dae,
We'll mak oor land republican
In a Scottish breakaway.

Sae here's tae the Lion, the bonny Rampant Lion,
An a lang streach tae its paw,
Gie a Hampden roar, an' we're oot the door
An ta-ta, ti Chairlie's maw.

its all political b*****ks england will carry on subsidising scotland to make sure the oil etc keeps flowing and to keep another foreign country sweet

Getting back on track:
Spoke to my mate last night as it goes, he phoned me rather drunk to laugh at my football teams efforts.
1. Norway still heavily reliant on fossil fuels but moving more and more towards renewables. Most new houses (state built) have to have renewable energy sources built in.
2. As an EU national (if you have a Brit Passport) then you can live and work in Norway without need of visa's, either work or residence.
3. Norwegian is of course the national language, but English is widely spoken. HOWEVER it is considered bad form to go across knowing nothing. (On a personal note, I've been many times staying with my mate, and its the same as most places in the world. Tourists who dont speak the local language are tolerated because they bring in income, however if you live there and make no effort that isnt appreciated. A few words to start with does go a long way).
4. He doesnt know re plumbers/work availability, but he's going to contact a few temp agencies etc and get back to me.

Going back off track, if anyone can tell me in recent history of a country that got stronger by becoming smaller I'd be interested to know.

If norway is so chippa then why is the depression and suicide rates so high ???

just a thought!

Cos its daaaaaaaarrrrrkkkkkkk man. An interesting observation, a very high proportion of the suicides are alcohol induced, and yet alcohol prices are amongst the highest on the planet.

the sooner the better we can stop paying for you
Comments like that are straight out of the English Tory Party Propoganda Machine, so I thought I'd set the record straight and tell you the FACTS:

So guess where Government spending is highest. That’s right, London.

Official Treasury figures, the same ones which show that Scots are “subsidised” to the tune of £10,212 every year also show Government spending in London is £10,256 per head.
But they have to pay ÂŁ9,000 a year to send their kids to university, ÂŁ8 for a prescription and they have to pay through the nose if their granny needs extra care in her old age.
The reason for that is plain and simple.
Scotland voted for a Government which believes in free education and free health care — but England voted for one which DOESN’T.
Every year Scotland gets a set block of cash to spend as it likes. If people in England want free prescriptions and free university education, all they have to do is vote for a Government which wants those things too.

This year’s figures showed that with 8.4 per cent of the UK population, Scotland contributed 9.4 per cent of UK taxes or the equivalent of a £1,000 overpayment from everybody in the country.
We got back only 9.3 per cent of spending — and that’s before North Sea revenues double this year to a colossal £13.4 BILLION.
So the question is not why Scotland gets so much but why, say, Devon & Cornwall, with annual spending of ÂŁ8,020, deserves a full 20 per cent less than London.

And those figures are from your own UK treasury, so in effect we are subsidising you in London, not the other way round.

Imagine the outcry on this forum from the administrators (and it happened before and a thread was removed) if you said that you were subsidising the Asian community, racist eh? Maybe but there is no difference in saying that about the Scottish people.

Get your facts right before you spout such bilge in our direction.

Every year Scotland gets a set block of cash to spend as it likes. If people in England want free prescriptions and free university education, all they have to do is vote for a Government which wants those things too

I'm english and i dont know anyone who votes!!!

govt's get in by default in my opinion

I'm english and i dont know anyone who votes!!! govt's get in by default in my opinion
Well mate if you don't vote, then you can't complain about the consequences.

There are countries all over the world denied the basic right of a free vote. Look at Syria, and all you have to do is spend 10 minutes going to your local polling station.

i dont vote personally because i cant as my local council seem to have a complete inability to process a electorial form so i can get on electorial registry ( still manage to process my council tax tho)

Besides i stated i dont know anyone not meaning me , everyone i know cant be bothered as to why thats there opinion but judging by the low turn outs i would say that it suggests little faith in the political system .

As for scotland independance couldnt give a monkeys about it , if anything build the wall again prob create some work oop norf !

no point arguing with me mate im all in favour of scotish independence and repatreation and im not racist i'd send evey one back regardless of race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Norway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock