Search the forum,

Discuss Non Registration of Boiler Install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to see a job today where a boiler had been disconnected because of the flue.. see the pic, was shocked when I saw it.

ccac2f7ba313d11e2d173f062756f0f1.jpg

Anyway, turns out an inspector from Gas Safe Register was the one who attended and ID'd it. But also the installer didn't register the boiler for building regs compliance at the time of install.

Also turns out that the inspector that ID'd the boiler is the same inspector that's inspecting me in a couple weeks. So I figured I'm gonna put in a new flue, fix the condense run issue and have him come out to the same job to inspect my work.

But what happens when it's found that a boiler wasn't registered? Once I change the flue and run tests etc, do I register it then or does it just get left the way it is????

You can register it yourself.
Check all gas runs and usual gas rate, etc

The only way I can do this flue is to come off right side, 90 across boxed pipework and 90 out the wall.. max flue run is 5.5m which is more than enough with 3 elbows, 2 half meter extensions and the terminal. Won't look too great but just wondered what you guys would do? Can't go out rear exit as it goes into a roofed extension!

d9de5565991a9c1ee28bb8769a400591.jpg

I would go through the boxing if other side is ok for the flue and move / re do pipes around the flue

I would go through the boxing if other side is ok for the flue and move / re do pipes around the flue

Just spoke to the son, they now want the flue exiting the same wall as existing flue. The roof is not yet done and just covered with ply. Told the son they'd need to get the roof done before running the flue but he doesn't want to listen.

Was gonna maybe run a new flue out the rear and elbow to vertical run and terminal but min length of vertical from outside is 542mm which gets too close to a window I think..

Jobs already becoming a headache!!

As above I would fix it but wouldn't reg and sign it off

And upto you jay where the flue goes but if you decide to keep existing route needs access for inspection

As above I would fix it but wouldn't reg and sign it off

And upto you jay where the flue goes but if you decide to keep existing route needs access for inspection

I think I'm gonna walk away from this one. I ain't gonna mess up my Inspection to be a have-a-go-hero engineer.. just not worth it.

Cheers guys

That's right. Why would want take the responsibility? Judging by those pictures you don't know what else might be lurking

How do you know it was the installer that left the flue like this ? and not this smart arse son that has been messing around with it.

How do you know it was the installer that left the flue like this ? and not this smart arse son that has been messing around with it.

It could well be. But the dad reckoned it was the engineer. Who knows!!

Could well be. There are a lot of smart arse' out there.
It's unlikely though that they would have done it themselves and then get it inspected by gas safe and have the risk of having it ID'd.

Could well be. There are a lot of smart arse' out there.
It's unlikely though that they would have done it themselves and then get it inspected by gas safe and have the risk of having it ID'd.

I think you did the right thing in dumping this job,especially with a brain surgeon son in the house making waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non Registration of Boiler Install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
N
Hi I am potentially buying a house but the below has been written on an inspection carried out on the boiler. "Boiler not fitted to manufacturers instructions. Open vent boiler installed on a pressurised system. Flue twisted and allowing rainwater ingress and pump not wired to boiler...
Replies
Views
Nigel Davies
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock