Search the forum,

Discuss Non Oftec branded CD10........why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you can now buy non branded oftec CD10 forms via the Oftec website and they also come with Grant boilers.........but why?!

My understanding is you have to be Oftec registered to install oil boilers so why do they even give you the option to not use the Oftec books, as if your not registered you shouldn't be installing!

I don't buy anything from oftec. I use hwos oil report form.

Oftec like to (try to) run a wee monopoly of things they can make more money off. Personally i fkd them off a few years back. I don't need Oftec up here anyway.

I see you can now buy non branded oftec CD10 forms via the Oftec website and they also come with Grant boilers.........but why?!

My understanding is you have to be Oftec registered to install oil boilers so why do they even give you the option to not use the Oftec books, as if your not registered you shouldn't be installing!

You do not 'have to be' oftec registered to install an oil boiler.
You have to be qualified and a member of a competent persons scheme to sign it off or you can have someone who is a member sign it off for you.

You have to be qualified and a member of a competent persons scheme to sign it off or you can have someone who is a member sign it off for you.

You have to be a member of a competent person scheme to legally install. The notification is now on the installation rather than the comissioning. They changed the rules last year or year before.

Takes out mickey mouse installers doing a poor job and getting somebody to sign off. Or that was their plan

You have to be a member of a competent person scheme to legally install. The notification is now on the installation rather than the comissioning. They changed the rules last year or year before.

Takes out mickey mouse installers doing a poor job and getting somebody to sign off. Or that was their plan

I did not know about the change.

I don't install, I only service and repair oil, commercial and Domestic.

I have enquired a few times about joining oftec but they're impossible to deal with in my opinion.
They won't accept valid City and Guilds advanced qualifications.

It's too much of an expense ( their courses), for the one or two oil installation enquirers I get PA.

Last edited:
They want it all their own way and you get nothing from them.

Think I have a couple of years left on mine and doubt it well get renewed. Don't need it for servicing and repairs and most of the installations I do are as a subby as such.

Dropped the tanks last time as there's a lad in the area with all the gear so if a tanks involved I give him a shout.

It's not worth it for me. Where I am there are Oil boilers about but all in the country and surrounding areas or factory units away from gas supply.

It's mainly Gas.

Oil installation work is only enquired about now and then and you aren't guaranteed to get it anyway are you ?

I could join APHC competent persons scheme because they do recognise Qualifications but it's a fortune and again it would be to notify and install one or two a year.

I think i'll leave it for now.

I know a few who are members of OFTEC but say they won't be renewing next time.

It's not worth it for me. Where I am there are Oil boilers about but all in the country and surrounding areas or factory units away from gas supply.

It's mainly Gas.

Oil installation work is only enquired about now and then and you aren't guaranteed to get it anyway are you ?

I could join APHC competent persons scheme because they do recognise Qualifications but it's a fortune and again it would be to notify and install one or two a year.

I think i'll leave it for now.

I know a few who are members of OFTEC but say they won't be renewing next time.

I take it they have included the non branded form for say Napit (or other organisations) registered engineers?

Oftec seem to be trying to be the gas safe of the oil world but without the same powers!

99% of plumbers I know install oil boilers themselves by the book and then pay a registered engineer to look over it and put his name to it. It's not right I know but it seems like there's little consequences for doing it this way as opposed to gas.

I take it they have included the non branded form for say Napit (or other organisations) registered engineers?

Oftec seem to be trying to be the gas safe of the oil world but without the same powers!

99% of plumbers I know install oil boilers themselves by the book and then pay a registered engineer to look over it and put his name to it. It's not right I know but it seems like there's little consequences for doing it this way as opposed to gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non Oftec branded CD10........why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock