Search the forum,

Discuss No inhibitor, is it too late? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening hive-mind,
Yesterday I serviced a 5yr old Ideal combi. When I took the top off the magnaclean, (which was chocka,) I was alarmed to see the system water was the colour & consistency of cream of tomato soup! I didn't need a test kit to realise that there's no inhibitor in the system. Obviously the system is corroding from the inside out. It's piped up entirely in plastic with normal steel panel rads.
My question is would a p-flush & retreatment be the way forward or is the damage already done & he'll have to have all the rads changed?

Yes best way

Even a hot flush would be better than nothing

Theres a few different types that are grey...you would have to read the side of it or look at a cross section to confirm. Seen a couple of installs in non barrier that have sludged up massivly supposedly down to the non barrier ingressing air

Never to late bud get it hot flushed , cold flushed you can then power flush it to removed any stubborn debris will take you all day to do a proper job . Cheers kop

I seem to recall, somewhere in the dim & distant past, reading that once corrosion has set in that it can't be halted. Could be my memory having me on or a spot of paranoia! I suppose there are 40yr old primatic systems still running out there that have never had inhibitor in them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No inhibitor, is it too late? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock