Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angel

Hi,
Can any one help with a problem.I have a multi fuel Rayburn. I have never had any problems with the hot water until last Friday when I had an upstairs leaky radiator replaced. Since then I have had no hot water. Help, this Angel needs a bath.

Was it drained down to replace the radiator. Probably air in the coil or pipework.

Hi Angel, youd best to get the guy who done the job as sounds like he hasnt fully vented the system or its just really bad timing for one of your motorised vales to pack in and believe me it happens , theres nothing worse when we visit a house to do some work then 2 days after finishing the boiler breaks down , looks bad on us but sometimes its simply bad timing lol,

by multi fuel, I presume you mean solid fuel burner ie wood/coal. Best stoke it up and get it roaring for 1/2 an hour or so, may well solve the problem for you, it will thump a bit in the process.

Multi fuel ignore my motorised valve comment ooops sorry

get in the queue, my advice probably helped and I've got her towel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating the radiators and the water for the taps The solid fuel stove will heat the water for the taps but the radiators will only get luke warm. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock