Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water or heating - filling loop not connected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - this is my first post on the forum. I'm looking for some help with an issue we are facing in the house today.

Problem:

Over the past few weeks we have noticed that our hotwater hasn't been red hot, instead only luke warm. Additionally the radiators would turn on and off intermittently.

Today we've woken up and found an F1 error code on our iMINI 24 combi boiler. I have looked up the meaning of this code, and it suggests that the boiler has low pressure. I have checked and confirmed that this is the case, the boiler has pressure under 1.

I have read that what I now need to do is to re-pressure the boiler, and to do this I should use the filling loop. The problem here is that the filling loop on my boiler is not attached to any pipes at either end.

I have attached some images to this post, would anyone be able to assist me with the steps i need to take to attach the filling loop and re pressure the boiler? I've never done this before so any help would be appreciated on this cold cold morning.

Many thanks in advance,

James

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

Take the two top nuts off and put the filling loop nuts in their place. The ends of the loop push into the ends of the two valves. Open black lever quarter turn and close when the black needle reaches 1 ish, bit over won’t hurt, sat 1.2 bar.
Disconnect loop, replace nuts/ caps, (if that’s what they are),

Don't forget to tighten the filling loop nuts onto the valves

Hand tight will be fine

Thanks both. I'm struggling to get the nuts/caps off at the moment, I assume if I find the correct socket wrench head size it should suffice?

Use an adjustable key/spanner.
Hold back with something else like a pair of pump pliers

Thanks all, I have re pressured the boiler which has fixed the hot water issue. Your help is very much appreciated.

Our heating still doesn't seem to work consistently though, we have it switched on 24/7 at the moment, but the heating only kicks in for roughly 15min intervals several times through the day. The boiler status switches from blue - burner on when the heating is on, and back to status 0 when it decides to stop working. Status 0 means that the boiler is in standby operation awaiting either a central heating call or hot water demand, which is odd because the boiler is being call to provide heating.

I can't see any timer on the iMini 24 boiler so have eliminated that as the issue. Are there any other potential culprits for his problem?

Do you know what controls you have eg room thermostat, time clock etc ?

Found the thermostat and heating problem solved. We've recently moved in and didn't realise there was a wireless thermostat in the hallway which was set to a strange auto setting. Thanks!

:D the dreadful auto

glad your sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water or heating - filling loop not connected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock