Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss No hot water from shower after turning the hot water feed off and on? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Uncleinan

Uncleinan New Member

Hello,

I am a complete novice here so any help would be appreciated.

I turned of the hot water valve/feed next to the hot water tank in the airing cupboard to try and fix a stiff tap in the bathroom next door.

I turned the hot water back on and can get hot water all over the house apart from the shower in the ensuite. This works through a pump in the loft. I thought it might be to do with pressure but I have left the shower running for 15 mins plus and still no joy.

Any suggestions please..?

Thank you

Ian

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Maybe an air lock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard New Member

Have you left the shower running for 15 mins with the pump switched off? This is how I get rid of any air in the shower pump/pipework, Going back and forth from hot to cold with the hose laying in the shower tray. Then switchIng the pump back on should do the trick. Hope that helps

4. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

It's an airlock. Need to get in the loft and bleed the pipework.

Down to PPI.

6. Uncleinan

Uncleinan New Member

Thanks a lot everyone. I will try Christopher's suggestion first. I that doesn't work I will get a plumber in to bleed the pipework in the loft as not sure how to do this?