Search the forum,

Discuss No hot or cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, looking for any advice possible. Woke up yesterday morning to no hot and cold water downstairs, and only cold upstairs from my bath/shower and bathroom tap. Heating worked fine all day and had no issue there. One thing I did find out is that when I left the upstairs tap running I could also get cold water from my downstairs, but only when upstairs was running which I do not understand. Woke up this morning and the boiler pressure was now on 0 bar and even when I tried to top it up nothing happened. I took up some floor boards where the pipes connected to my boiler run and noticed lots of ice on the side of my condenser pipe, I gave it the hair dryer treatment for about half an hour and heard a load of water come through and my boiler started working again though the pressure was shooting right up to 2-3 bar with the heating on. After doing all this I still have no water whatsoever downstairs hot or cold and still only cold upstairs.

Any advice hugely appreciated!

If nothing comes out of the taps and you havent shut and taps or outside stop tap
Do you have a tank in the loft feeding the bathroom?

I've woken up to the same issue this morning. Water was spluttering out of the cold tap in the kitchen and now nothing is coming out except air. I have a stopcock barely accessible and no external visible pipes so I'm not really sure what to do.

I went to one last night with running cold water but no physical water coming out the cold taps. Clearly frozen somewhere. However I couldn’t find where as hot pipes are in the walls.

I unfroze 1m section of 15mm copper pipe in an attic which was under 200mm of lagging yesterday. mindblow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot or cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock