1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Niagara valve problem? in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. rsk289

rsk289 New Member

I have a Dudley Niagara valve fitted in a Dudley concealed cistern. After flushing there is a very small trickle of water into the toilet pan, which is fairly hard to see after a while but wets paper very easily. I don't know if this is normal or not, but it is now causing a stain on the ceramic which is unsightly. I have two others in the house which don't do this.
    I've removed the Niagara to service it, which made no difference, so have now changed the entire Niagara valve parts (swapping over into the old valve base). Everything looked clean and smooth whilst it was apart, but the problem (if it is a problem) remains. Should I try changing the entire valve including base, which will be difficult positioned behind the panelling (and messy), or accept that this is normal for a Niagara?
    Thanks,
    Roger

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

water level ok? and no not normal

3. rsk289

rsk289 New Member

Yes, water level's OK. It's working fine apart from the faint trickle of water.

4. Bronze_tap

Bronze_tap Member

Check the base for any scratches/contaminants in the area where the valve's rubber washer forms a seal. If any limescale there - try cleaning with cilit bang/black domestos. Wear gloves and wipe in concentric motion.

Usually you need to remove the top part of the walve assembly to be able to acceess the base, where it seals against the rubber washer.

Once I had a bit of thread lodged there, causing a trickle leak into a pan and periodic cistern topups.

5. Bronze_tap

Bronze_tap Member

Check the base for any scratches/contaminants in the area where the valve's rubber washer forms a seal. If any limescale there - try cleaning with cilit bang/black domestos. Wear gloves and wipe in concentric motion.

Usually you need to remove the top part of the walve assembly to be able to acceess the base, where it seals against the rubber washer.

Once I had a bit of thread lodged there, causing a trickle leak into a pan and periodic cistern topups.

6. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

guess it is sorted by now