Search the forum,

Discuss newbie here that had an issue with joining! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi guys,

ive been trying to join this forum for a few days....but the most frustrating part was the silly setup of the recaptcha format. i understand why its needed but there are other ways to prevent a frustrating approach to joining a forum. i tried to use a few different browsers ie safari, chrome & firefox and with no success i decided to leave the page open for over a day to see if it would refresh (and yes i refreshed the page countless times) and viola! im here :)

but i was close to giving up and searching for other forums due to this sign up! anyways my rant is over lol

apart from the issue above i hope to find useful info and help regarding diy issues in my bathroom. i joined your sisters forum tilerforum and was told to join here for other query related issues. i hope others have not experienced what i went through....maybe its my macbook lol

cheers

cammy

@Lou

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience

Hi and welcome.

We've actually been updating the recaptcha over the past couple of days until last night .

Apologies for the inconvenience, enjoy the forum!

Cammy, each time you log on now remember to tick the little "Stay logged in" box or your frustrations will continue by the time out process. ;)

Hi guys; also a new member and am told I need to have a minimum non-spam post count in order to acccess the gas safe and various other "trade only" areas... So forgive me interjecting with content of questionable value (but hopefully not 'spam') but I also had a similar experience.

Personally, I was trying to sign up initially from my smart phone browser, and in spite of filling in every field in the registration screen, and going through a number of different "captcha" slides I was constatntly met with a message along the lines of "value not entered in the correct format" for the screen name and business name fields... This was eventually resolved when I messaged the site admin people directly from the "Contact Us" link, and credit where due, they were quick to respond and had me signed up within hours.
Nonetheless, this would perhaps point to some form of problem with the sign up page?

That aside, glad to be a member of what seems to be a top online community and will endeavour to contribute whenever I can.

Reply to newbie here that had an issue with joining! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock