Search the forum,

Discuss new worcester boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i will soon be getting a new combi boiler installed. i think i would like a worcester 34cdi classic. my reasons for picking this model are i have a large cupboard so don't need a compact version. also my current boiler baxi genesis 80 has never supplied as much hot water as i would like when running a bath. i would like to be able to run bath at full flow and recieve hot enough water. i have a 3 bed semi with one bathroom and 8 rads. do you think this model of combi is a good choice for my situation or overkill? would 30si be a better choice.also reading the instruction manual it states that the hot water temp can only be changed on the boiler if an optional diverter valve is used. im not sure what this means does this mean if boiler fitted as standard the water temp cannot be adjusted, would this be a problem? also what would be a fair price to replace this boiler in same postion with wireless controller and mag filter.
thanks for any advice

Worcester 34cdi is a great boiler, but it depends on your incoming cold mains flow if you want a combi to give you max flow these need to be matched together eg you have a mains flow of 14lpm you size the combi tongive you 14lpm etc

Good choice i prefer the 34cdi to the compacts , swap quote depends on your system and what needs doing . cheers kop

i emailed worcester and found out the diverter valve applies to the system boiler and not the combi. there online manaul is incorrect

i had just heard they were one of the better boilers also which best buys if thats worth anything. did also consider atag but seem to be lack of installers and worried they might be more difficult to get serviced repaired. but open to other suggestions

Just not a fan myself. I tend to fit Vaillant’s and have just become ATAG approved myself. Sorry I am not in Suffolk.:(

I have recently changed my own boiler at home for a Atag economiser 27 and i am very impressed with it , eithier boiler would give you years of good service on hindsight i would have fitted the 35 just to get 16 litres a minute on the hotwater but the 27 is delivering 12litres with a flue gas temperature of 30 degrees which is pretty impressive my heating load is only 12kw so couldnt really justify it really good luck with your choice. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new worcester boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock