Search the forum,

Discuss New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that say during the summer we dont have the heating on, we wont have hot water? if i switch the hw on via the nest will that heat the water only without heating the house, if that makes sense.

you should be able to just have how water on

you should be able to control the hot water from the nest

you do have a two zone nest ?

Its a 3rd gen nest, which lets me put the ch on and set temp etc and also have hw on/off/boost. Is that 2zone?

20180128_110236.jpg

yes it is

might be worth a try just putting hw on and see if any of the rads heat up because i cant see any port valves in your pics (normally by the cylinder)

Ch has just been on so will give that a try in the morning. What is the function of the port valves? I just want to be more informed when i get the company back in so they dont try and fob me off - not that i have reason to think they would.

to direct the hot water from the boiler so it heats up what you want eg you turn heating on hot water doesnt come on as well unless its set for it to come on etc

For that money you should have got seperate switching for heating and hotwater what will happen in the summer months is there any motorised valves i cant see any in the pictures ? . kop

I spoke to the installers and they are going to come rpund later to discuss but to have the diverter kit and port valves installed will be just over £300. Up this way prices are inflated with everything sadly.

Would this be a worthwhile outlay to have these installed?

I can't answer that only you can

Apparently, if i keep the ch dial at 3 this should produce water at about 50dc which would be too hot to bathe/shower in...the temp produced by keeping at setting 3 is definately not too hot.

Apparently, if i keep the ch dial at 3 this should produce water at about 50dc which would be too hot to bathe/shower in...the temp produced by keeping at setting 3 is definately not too hot.

Your stored water needs to be set to 60 so if you set your boiler temp lower than that it's never going to get upto temp

Also there's a very high risk if the water in your cylinder is below 60 bacteria will start to grow

Installer came over to look at system. Suggested turning dial to number 4 if 3 was too cold and 5 too hot! I explained that we want the touch temp of rads to be low but the water to be hot hot. A diverter valve was discussed but i didn't realise this then makes 'hot water priority'. So if on a cold day the heating goes on and detects the hw cylinder is 5dc lower than it should be then it gets the heat before the rads.

Cant there just be a simple solution. We want to run the hw and ch independently and at our choice (with none having priority unless we decide to put hw on without ch etc).

It maybe the case the stat on the hw cylinder is faulty. Temp of hw at tap is 30dc after the boiler has been on plenty at no 3. The boiler displayed 47dc at max on no 3.

The hot water prioritie would only work when the hot water time / program is calling

There is a way but requires a bit of setting up eg mixing valve / blending valve

Don't forget about your heat loss through pipes / air

So, the hw priority would only come on if it was the hw was switched on, manual or timer. It wouldn't just randomly start filling the hw tank? This is getting far too complicated:confused:

Think your best option would be to phone worcester tech up

Evening folks,

So, I am here for some independent advice, if possible. I have just had a Worcester Bosch 30cdi Classic System Boiler installed along with a ?mag filter? and some new radiators. The issue is that the hot water isn't very hot at all. I have turned the thermostat on the hot water cylinder up to 70 degrees; with no noticeable change. I was told at the point of install that the hot water dial on the boiler itself is only for if the boiler is a 'combi' and on my boiler it is essentially useless.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to why the hot water isn't very hot? I have it on for a good while giving it plenty time to heat but it doesn't make any change.

Any suggestions are welcome. Many thanks,

MR
Is there a 3-port (or two-port) valves, external to the boiler?
If not, what does the cylinder stat do? Is it still there from before the boiler change?
I don't know what the installer meant. If the boiler has separate temperature settings for CH and HW, I would assume it has internal valves to send the hot water to the rads or cylinder primary, the HW temperature to the taps eventually reaching the setting on the boiler. And the boiler would have 2 hot water flow pipes, no cylinder stat or external 3-port valve needed.
If there is an external valve it might be possible to use just the one boiler outlet, as a more traditional system, depending on the boiler details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock