1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss New water mains through terrace house in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

  1. buckley plumb

    buckley plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

    Mains pipe in concrete floor is leaking. Running new up wall through upstairs floors. What's the regs on logging etc
  2. joni os

    joni os Plumber

    Usual detail is 25mm pipe enclosed in polystyrene in 100mm corrugated duct to inside of building. U value of this approx. 1, so any external wall with same U value, Brick/block with 50mm insulated cavity, could be argued to give equivalent protection. Solid 9" brickwork would require 1" celotex to bring U value below 1.
  3. buckley plumb

    buckley plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

    Water board mentioned some form of insulated pvc boxing. Never seen any
  4. snowhead

    snowhead Well-Known Member

  5. buckley plumb

    buckley plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

    That's what they mentioned. Ground breaker. They mentioned putting it internal up living room wall. They must do something better for indoors.