Search the forum,

Discuss New Viessmann boiler quote - opinions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

feartie

Just had a quote for a new boiler in my rented flat (I'm living overseas at the moment). The only reason the boiler needs replaced is that the flue is not in the correct place and I can't get a gas safe certificate. Current boiler (Worcester Junior 28i) is 12-15 years old so probably more cost effective just to get a new boiler. Currently have no room thermostat - only thermostatic valves on the radiators. It's a 2 bedroom flat, one bathroom, shower runs off the boiler, 6 radiators. I've been quoted the following:

We offer to cleanse system. Disconnect and remove existing boiler. Cut back pipe work. Core flue hole. Supply and fit a new viessmann Vitodens 100 35 kw combi, altering pipe work to suit.(note no allowance has been made for the integrity of the existing system)Supply and fit a new flue system along bedroom wall at high level. And to a suitable exit position.

Box in flue system, fitting inspection hatches. Supply and fit a magnetic filter. Supply and fit a condensate waste pump and connect to a suitable waste outlet. Supply and fit a viessmann rf programmable room stat. Fill system commission and test all for the sum of £2478.00 plus vat.

Does this seem reasonable or a little on the steep side? Do I really need a 35kW boiler? Any opinions gratefully received!

Thanks

Hi.
That's a very reasonable quote. There is surprising ammount of work there. It's a good powerful boiler and they are power flushing and fitting a magnetic system filter. They are fitting inspection hatches, which shows they know what they are doing too.
They should supply you with a warranty with the manufacturer and a certificate from gas safe.
It's a good quote all round. But you could be cheeky and ask for a landlords certificate to be issued.

Hi.
That's a very reasonable quote. There is surprising ammount of work there. It's a good powerful boiler and they are power flushing and fitting a magnetic system filter. They are fitting inspection hatches, which shows they know what they are doing too.
They should supply you with a warranty with the manufacturer and a certificate from gas safe.
It's a good quote all round. But you could be cheeky and ask for a landlords certificate to be issued.

About right for what they're doing, I agree with Chalked.
Only comment I would make is the Boiler is Big. I might ask them to make sure it's necessary.

It would give good hot water ( can't knock the boiler itself) as long as your Cold main is upto the job !

Good price, but whereabouts are you in the country?

big boiler but at least the shower will be ok :D
price is good for a viessmann

Agree with the rest , quotes ok. But 35 kW a nats on the big side , but even if you dropped to a 30KW it wouldnt lower the price much

Seems a bit on the low side. Just the boxing is a job in itself.

Supply and fit a new viessmann Vitodens 100 35 kw combi

Agree with the rest , quotes ok. But 35 kW a nats on the big side , but even if you dropped to a 30KW it wouldnt lower the price much
It's a 2 bedroom flat, one bathroom, shower runs off the boiler, 6 radiators. I've been quoted the following:

:eek: in a two bedroomed ,1 bathroom and 6 rads flats , you must be joking right ;)
thats way to much kw's, on average thats only 9 kw's, max thats needed on the rads alone

so you agree with fitting a 35kw boiler as quoted o_O:) ?

depends on the water main incoming if you have a water main less than 14lpm (which you shoudnt be installing a combi boiler on/in the first place)

then yes to give you 14lpm on the hot water outlet

26 kw 10lpm
30 kw 12lpm

etc

combi boiler are sized on there hot water demand and not heating as they will modulate down to 7-10 kw anyway

so basically he doesn't need a 35kw boiler , he doesn't say his priorities are a really good flow for his shower which wasn't mentioned at any time by the op or anyone . but i agree entirely with what your saying as for being down rated on ch but how many people ( general public ) actually have their boiler down rated until a right minded engineers turns up to provide his services ;) , but a viessman now thats another subject o_O:) , horrid things:)

recently been dealing wth 938's in two bedroom flats o_O they were cycling more than armstrong on speed :) all 12 of them o_O

so basically he doesn't need a 35kw boiler , he doesn't say his priorities are a really good flow for his shower which wasn't mentioned at any time by the op or anyone . but i agree entirely with what your saying as for being down rated on ch but how many people ( general public ) actually have their boiler down rated until a right minded engineers turns up to provide his services ;) , but a viessman now thats another subject o_O:) , horrid things:)

recently been dealing wth 938's in two bedroom flats o_O they were cycling more than armstrong on speed :) all 12 of them o_O

think your on about vaillants not viessmanns

and heating modulation is automatic high demand (eg starting up heating) then goes to low demand eg 10-15kw for when the temps up

think your on about vaillants not viessmanns

yes i know , it was an example which corresponded with my post when most people have boilers which are not range rated .

so do you think everyone with a 2 bedroomed flat have a 35kw boiler installed in their flat especially when the flow of hot water is of no importance to them ? a 35kw boiler is not needed :)

yes i know , it was an example which corresponded with my post when most people have boilers which are not range rated .

so do you think everyone with a 2 bedroomed flat have a 35kw boiler installed in their flat especially when the flow of hot water is of no importance to them ? a 35kw boiler is not needed :)

if there demand of hot water (which most peoples are) then yes

If anybody wants more than one draw off or a decent shower. It modulates what's the issue?

:p
Hi.
It says that they are doing a cleanse of the system and not a powerflush. Ohh. And I know this post is old but thought I would reply anyway.:p

if there demand of hot water (which most peoples are) then yes
i know what your saying and you know what I'm saying , so we'll agree to disagree hows that :) , one more thing , stop fitting those dam viessmanns :p:)

why does our name ring a bell for some reason :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Viessmann boiler quote - opinions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock