Search the forum,

Discuss New to Scotland and the UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day,

Plenty of knowledge on hand around this place. I look forward to being able to utilise some of it!
Just moved to Scotland from Australia. Currently in the process of trying to get my Australian qualifications matched to the UK equivalent.
Ive got a background in commercial plumbing in oz and i'm wishfully hoping i can move into company doing similar things with maybe a focus on renewables here.

With our weather I would be looking at moving the other way!

Welcome, with your background I don't think things ought to be too difficult, know when I worked more in London, we often used Australian plumbers, not sure what the work market like in Scotland but hopefully not dissimilar. Good luck, Lee

With our weather I would be looking at moving the other way!

Welcome, with your background I don't think things ought to be too difficult, know when I worked more in London, we often used Australian plumbers, not sure what the work market like in Scotland but hopefully not dissimilar. Good luck, Lee

Cheers for the welcome
Haha Its been brilliant so far but when the days get shorter i might begin to question my choice!
Plenty of tower cranes about Edinburgh at the moment so Im hoping theres plenty of work around

Hello and welcome

Hi mate, hope you get used to our four seasons in one hour Scottish weather. I'm in Clackmannanshire in Scotland. Welcome to our wee country. Best bet for you is to get in with one or two of the house building companies working on new builds. You can even get a job working for them as plumbers mate until your qualifications come in.

Hi mate, hope you get used to our four seasons in one hour Scottish weather. I'm in Clackmannanshire in Scotland. Welcome to our wee country. Best bet for you is to get in with one or two of the house building companies working on new builds. You can even get a job working for them as plumbers mate until your qualifications come in.
WTF, you replying to your own posts?
To add further confusion this isn`t what I saw on my phone and replied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New to Scotland and the UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer to discuss options. Ive tried to note as much relevant details below - apologies if its too long or irrelevant. Any help most gratefully received...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well as a few ads. So read the whole thread please before judging and replying. :) New Ads for logged-in users unless you have any one of the below:- You...
Replies
Views
R
cant find the other thread but heres an email i got today, only recieved this one cheeky sods. anyway, BEWARE SCAM!!!! Good Afternoon, This email is a FINAL REMINDER to advise that new applications for the below contract will not be accepted after Thursday the 15th of September at 5pm. We...
Replies
Views
Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a contract fee of a couple of grand. Always come from Scotland too eh? Good Afternoon, UK Repair require a domestically qualified...
Replies
Views
S
Good Evening All, My name is Steve and I am new here in the forums and to the world of plumbing. I am in the process of leaving the Navy (leave in July after 13 years) and have decided to move away from my I.T based job and try something new (Plumbing and Gas in case you weren't sure). I am...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock