Search the forum,

Discuss New room stat needed. 240v? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rib

Got an old Potterton PRT100 wired with 3 wires. Been told it's 240v / neutral. Brought a Honeywell Lyric t6 to just replace it, but been told that needs the relay box fitted and can’t just replace the prt100.

I would still like a Honeywell, but which digital one works with 240v? I want a programmable one. Is the T4 ok?
18893373_1436385209733766_1245863299727950686_n.jpg

Yes t4 should be fine aslong as you get the wired version and not the wireless one

Also digi stats don't require a netrual so that and the Earth will need to be made safe separate choc blocks will be fine or taped up and removed at wiring centre and made safe that end also

Yes t4 should be fine aslong as you get the wired version and not the wireless one

Also digi stats don't require a netrual so that and the Earth will need to be made safe separate choc blocks will be fine or taped up and removed at wiring centre and made safe that end also

Thanks.
I take it the T4 is newer than the CM700/900's?

Yes cm are starting to show there age now (failed units becoming common)

Yes cm are starting to show there age now (failed units becoming common)
The problem seems to be the display, which has bits missing. My son has this with his wired CM907; but it's still useable and controls the heating OK so he isn't going to change it.

My wireless CM927 is now 10 years old (date code 0724) and the display is perfect. I did have to replace the relay box just before Christmas.

You seem to have bought the T6R, which is the wireless version of the T6; swap it for the wired version.
No it was a T6. It comes with a receiver box.
"Receiver box
The T6 Wired version needs to be wired to a receiver box which then provides wired connections to the boiler "

No it was a T6. It comes with a receiver box.
"Receiver box
The T6 Wired version needs to be wired to a receiver box which then provides wired connections to the boiler "
Just shows what happens when one makes assumptions!

Anyway, having read the T6 installation instructions, I don't see any problems. Basically the control unit will go where the current thermostat is located and the receiver box where the other end of the cable is located. This will probably be in the airing cupboard, or wherever the wiring centre/junction box is located.

More info about your system is required before detailed instructions can be given. Photos are ideal.

Last edited:
Just shows what happens when you make assumptions!

Anyway, having read the T6 installation instructions, I don't see any problems. Basically the control unit will go where the current thermostat is located and the receiver box where the other end of the cable is located. This will probably be in the airing cupboard, or wherever the wiring centre/junction box is located.

More info about your system is required before detailed instructions can be given. Photos are ideal.

I've already returned it. And will be getting the T4. And just put some trunking from where the stat is now, to another wall. As T4 wont fit where old stat is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New room stat needed. 240v? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed function, it'll switch off at the programmer (no light) but boiler will stay on until they turn the stat down, I went and looked at it, they said they...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
A
Hi The area is near Telford in Shropshire. I have a 25 year old system. A gas fired Rayburn heats hot water and CH. The Honeywell diverter valve (the silver box thingy) has failed on the CH side, but I still have hot water. I bought a replacement, the Honeywell bit, connected to the 3 way...
Replies
Views
Alan Hayward
A
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock