Search the forum,

Discuss New radiator goes cold after an hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys please be nice I'm not in the trade ☺️

Fitted two rads yesterday to an existing system one to replace an old one and another one totally new and extended the rad circuit. The issue I have is they warm up perfectly but after about an hour or so one goes cold. The rad isn't the last in last in circuit the other new one comes after it. I've used this rad Kudox Premium Type 21 Double-Panel Plus Single Convector Radiator 600 x 1200mm White with this Drayton RT212 White / Chrome TRV & Lockshield 15mm x ½".
Does the trv have a built in thermostat which is cutting the feed as the room has hit temperature? There is no other room thermostat. I'm thinking this is the issue but was hoping someone could confirm this.

Cheers Andy

pic of the rad and pipework

Thanks guys and sorry.. So basically find the manifold and connect the new directly to that so the rads aren't sharing the feed and then the rads will get the heat benefit. One last question from what you can see it's not dangerous atm or what I have done could it damage the boiler? Really sorry to bother you guys I really wouldn't ask but if I could afford to get someone I wouldn't have done this.

theres your reason

Should be alright though if you balance the system?
You might also have an air lock in that leg. If it’s on s drop down. Feel the glow pipe running wall. If it’s only hot at the top, it’s an air lock.
Turn all other rads off to get it going, then balance the system.

Hi again guys funny thing is it cloudve been the trv or balancing. I've done some adjustment to both and the radiator is staying on all the time now and every radiator is running red hot. When looking at the balancing around the house every lockshield was fully open so I'm guessing these rads had no chance really. I really do appreciate the time and effort you his took in trying to help me out I really appreciate it

Reply to New radiator goes cold after an hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock