Search the forum,

Discuss New rad off boiler F/R not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm looking for a little advice please.

I've just installed a new rad directly off my boiler f/r, but I'm unable to get any heat through the radiator.

It's an old back boiler, with 22mm pipes off the boiler, and microbore to the rads. I used 22mm to 15mm reduced tees off the boiler f/r to the new rad with a TRV on the flow side (though I believe it's a bi-directional TRV anyway).

If I turn off each side independently and bleed the radiator, I get continuous flow, and hot water starts entering the rad (whilst bleeding). So both sides seem to be working OK, but when both open I'm just not getting any flow. When normally on, the return pipe gets hot, but nothing else.

I was thinking an air-lock, but not really sure.

I was really hoping to avoid having to hook up to the pump as it is not in a great location for this extra rad. I had a plumber quote for the job, who suggested hooking up to the boiler f/r should work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the link, it's actually a Glowworm back boiler.

Fully pumped. 3 x 22mm pipes out the side of the chimney breast, 1 gas, then return and feed.

Even though it's a pumped system, I was told that feeding one rad straight off the boiler (before the pump) f/r should be fine (although obviously it will come on with the hot water, but can be turned off manually when not needed).

turn heating on and close all trvs on other rads apart from the new rad and see if it pulls hot through the rad?

Sounds like your trying to do the rad in gravity won't work stick it after the pump

Thanks everyone. I decided to fully drain down and refill. All seems to be working now. Thanks again.

He said its fully pumped...

But he's done it before any port valves eg comes on any time

If the pump doesn't come on when you want the rad on there's your problem

The rad will come on when you turn hot water or heating on....so will the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New rad off boiler F/R not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock