Search the forum,

Discuss New Mobile 13.5kW LPG Patio Heater - Commercial Premises - Commissioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Happy Jack

Hi there, I hope someone can settle this for me as I'm having something of a dispute with a client between what is a legal requirement, what constitutes best practice, and the difference between statutory / mandatory and contractual. The are looking to buy a number of Glow Warm 13.5kW units, and I've just messaged the vendor.

I have a wordy question.

Within the scope of the GSIUR, is it a legal requirement for the landlord and / or owner to have the patio heater inspected and commissioned on site before first use by a GS engineer with their LEI 1 ticket, and a suitable CP form or other Gas Safety Record completed for this appliance? Reading up on recent guidance, I believe it should, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Thanks all!

Some useful info half way down TB65.
That should answer statutory.

Contractual is whatever yous have agreed as part of the transaction

So it is a yes. TB065 was the last and final reference which lead me to conclude that it is statutory, clearly given some incident, a change of attitude and a review of the definitions and exclusions. I've had a lengthy exchange with a chap from Captia / GSR, but the conversation was a little grey.

As a gas engineer preparing for this job, would sort of approach would one take, and what advice would be useful to impart?

An edit to say I won't doing the work, just arranging the individual / company who will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would phone around and get an LPG guys take on it and he can explain the process to you

Thanks chaps, yeah, had a few come back to me with roughly the same attitude. Would've been useful to hear a few other angles.

What angle are you looking for. You either want it done properly or not???

You either want it done properly or not???
I was hoping for a bit more insight on the process, how others sell / pitch it, what CP form/s are used / what is considered best practice, what checks / information the layperson could be aware of to ensure 'it' is done 'properly'. With respect, registration on the GSR in my experience doesn't guarantee a 'proper' job, and I'm trying to drum home the importance of this to my client in very simple terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Mobile 13.5kW LPG Patio Heater - Commercial Premises - Commissioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock