Search the forum,

Discuss New install Worcester 30i, green leakage from flow & return... any ideas?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackspaven

Had a 30i installed by someone I very much trust on tuesday, come thursday I noticed on the boiler undertray a tiny run of green liquid coming from the underside of the return connection so he came back, nipped it all up to play safe as a precaution but said it felt tight enough already. So, accidentally left the heating on when I went out last night for a few hours and this morning there's the same emerald green leak which has left a perfect drop on the undertray but this time on the flow side, but very fresh and think it happened overnight not when I switched it off but can't be sure.

Told the plumber not to come over but I'll just keep an eye over the next few days. Called Worcester technical who said they hadn't heard of it before but said they doubted it would continue if he's tightened everything up another nip and it's probably just some reaction/settling with something and possibly a bit of oxidisation (it does look the shade of green on old copper pipe).

Not overly concerned, it's a new boiler so I'm warrantied up the wazoo, just curious as to if anyone's had anything similar and if they knew what it turned out to be??

(fyi, the system is existing copper pipes almost 14 years old, 6 old rads, 3 new ones, all been flushed by the plumber prior to boiler fitting as per, and pretty sure it was X100 he put in for the inhibitor. It's also a reasonably hard water area.)

If it keeps leaking get your trusted person back ! maybe something inside.

This was from the return side I sent the plumber yesterday.

DSC_0236.jpgDSC_0237.jpg

FYI, it's just been a single case on either side, there's no dripping or permanent leak going on and the return side leak hasn't come back.

That leaks look internal to the boiler.

Might be a gland or gasket that need tightening.
Some of the gaskets take up when wet.

Keep your eye on it, could be a warranty issue for the manufacturer

He nipped all of it up last night which is why I said to him I'll keep an eye on it and get back to him if need be, although Worcester said to get their guys out if it carries on cos I've got the warranty so may as well use it, but just can't work out why it would be green?!

Sometimes when the manufacturers test boilers, they put a dye in the water so leaks are more visible. Could be some residue from that, particularly if the dye has soaked into a gasket

I wouldn't mess around with it, new boiler a couple of days ago, that's from above the valve, internal fault, warranty call ! if you mess around with it you could invalidate warranty

nobody is telling her to mess with it everyone says get the installer to look and she is even saying she may get worcester in under warranty

Probably not aligned correctly... The boiler flow & return has to fit nicely onto the washers...

I would also replace the washers & make sure he applies some jointing compound, I have never had many issues with these connections which makes me think it's not lined up correctly or the washer is damaged.

I don't think Worcester will repair that it's an installer issue

Probably not aligned correctly... The boiler flow & return has to fit nicely onto the washers...

I would also replace the washers & make sure he applies some jointing compound, I have never had many issues with these connections which makes me think it's not lined up correctly or the washer is damaged.

I don't think Worcester will repair that it's an installer issue

But its leaking from inside, second photo looking up into boiler, not from joints onto pipe work

the nut above the iso is the manifold connection not inside the boiler but underneath

the nut above the iso is the manifold connection not inside the boiler but underneath

Sorry but got to disagree with that, the fitting you see is done in factory, its dripping down onto service valve that is fitted into frame of boiler. anything above this is warranty work.

Sorry but got to disagree with that, the fitting you see is done in factory, its dripping down onto service valve that is fitted into frame of boiler. anything above this is warranty work.

Nah that's an installer joint.. the boiler sits on that as its part of the jig! I'm guessing you haven't installed a Worcester as there all the same unless we're looking at different things

She has said she will keep an eye on it. Its a fibre washer joint which is done as part of the install when dropping the boiler onto the jig. It may seal itself up, if not then get the installer back as its more an install issue than a warranty call out.

Nah that's an installer joint.. the boiler sits on that as its part of the jig! I'm guessing you haven't installed a Worcester as there all the same unless we're looking at different things[/QUOTE

No don't & wont fit Worcester's, never have done since Bosh got involved with them, and that must be about 15 years.

For what reason do people keep thinking I'm not a bloke?? Are some of you like mechanics who kick the tyre and charge twice for each ovary that's apparent?! :) I DO know what you're all talking about with the parts by the way. Don't think it's a leaking spindle, the water mark is higher up than that bottom point.

Pcb gone, hah, let's go for the jig as well. :D

But no one has come up with an answer to WHAT it is that's green??

the green colour is the reflection of some of the posters on this thread,read ''gassafes'' posts and you will not go far wrong...picked a great boiler..once you get installer to replace joint ,you will get years of great service,,,,,,

I`m sure you will keep a close eye on it! But don`t let it keep you awake at night.

For what reason do people keep thinking I'm not a bloke?? Are some of you like mechanics who kick the tyre and charge twice for each ovary that's apparent?! :) I DO know what you're all talking about with the parts by the way. Don't think it's a leaking spindle, the water mark is higher up than that bottom point.

Pcb gone, hah, let's go for the jig as well. :D

She's a feisty one isn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New install Worcester 30i, green leakage from flow & return... any ideas?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock