Search the forum,

Discuss New install, tigerloop issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I recently installed a new oil line and boiler in a property. The line is quite a run and the appliance is higher than the tank. I put a tiger loop in and used a bucket to prime the flow and return.

This all went to plan and the boiler fired with no issue. I reconnected the oil line and continued to observe waiting for it to lock out which it didnt.

I carried on with my commission and got my readings and left the heating on for a good hour or so to check that the radiators were all heating up etc...

After a few hours I get a call from the customer telling me that the boiler has locked out. I went down there and noticed the tiger loop was empty.

I reset the burner a few times and i could see it bubbling as it was purging the air from the line.

After a while it was again full (bubbles had gone). i knocked the boiler off for about 30 minutes and still it was full and fired again.

Now again its empty so it seems its slowly going back into the tank.

I'm thinking of putting a non-return valve on the supply pipe going into the tiger loop.

Am i right in thinking this?

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New install, tigerloop issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock