Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss New Honeywell valve cable in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Hadlowj

Hadlowj New Member

Hi does anyone have the specs of what cable I need for this Honeywell valve?
    The current wire is too short so need a new much longer one.

AE78D7E2-D8B9-41BD-8256-8FE7138ACFF0.jpeg

A272D659-BCC9-4215-B181-BE78AFE98DFA.jpeg

4EFA2BD8-0B48-49E6-A6F0-137C6EB93513.jpeg

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Terminate the existing cable in a joint box and extend in 1.5mm heatproof flex it should not be more than 1m long and ideally in containment . Cheers kop

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tolly

tolly Plumber GSR

Why use 1.5mm KOP? I would just use .75 5 core

4. Chester

Chester Member

hey kop please could you explain or link me somewhere about the not more than 1m long part, someone said the same thing to me recently but they were talking about an immersion. i have searched but to no avail, not questioning you just like to know these things. cheers.

5. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

Use a JB to extend the cable using 5 core 0.75 flex. The flex can be over a meter and doesn't need mechanical protection.

6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Same as any trade guys we all have our ways of doing things my pet hate is flex nailed to a wall with nail clips or hanging everywhere, must admit I am a bit ott at times but that's just me . Regards kop

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  7. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

The best way to extend these cables is by use of a Regin 5 way connector.

As for cable size .. 0.75 mm is more than adequate

And the 1 meter limit is dubious advice to say the least