Search the forum,

Discuss New flue, any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2154.PNG
quoting to fit a new boiler but the conservatory is a big obstacle

I'm thinking get a scaffold built or some kind if I'm over plate

Any smart ideas welcome

Scaff built and brick up don't forget to key into the existing brick work is the only way tbh

Or Spider-Man down

I was thinking ÂŁ300 for a scaffold
What do you think?

Yea so allow 400 just incase seen people do it with boards on top but it's only alu Chanel

There's something available that goes on coni roofs .
Similar to a ladder that bends in the middle , the top of the ladder has a bar across it that spans a couple of the supports . No idea how much they are to hire or who hires them , I have seen them somewhere.

You need to think of your own safety ! get it done with scaffold, get customer to sort it, unless you know a local firm.

Get an apprentice to hang out the window :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New flue, any suggestions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through. Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock