Search the forum,

Discuss New closed system losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved into our refurbished 2 bedroom house 4 weeks ago. All the plumbing and eating is brand new. There is some wet underfloor which is behaving well. There are also 9 radiators which are less impressive.
The system has completely lost pressure 4 times already. The radiators need bleeding every couple of days.
The pressure is set at 1 Bar. In a previous house when I topped up the water I just waited until the system was full which I could tell when the sound of the water flow changed. I'm obviously no expert, but I just sense that the system isn't actually full. The radiators also make an incredible noise when the heating fires up. Doesn't help that the top up tap is in the attic. Grrrr. Plumber who installed it all is scratching his head and trying to figure it out. We are 99% sure there isn't a leak. All advice greatly appreciated.

You do get a drop on a brand new system due to all the air, sometimes can get trapped etc

But he should of done a pressure test to prove the system was sound when he has installed it

Post some pictures
What boiler do you have?
Is there a pressure relief pipe outside? Does it drip?

The system was pressure tested and there was no issue. It held pressure for 2 weeks. The problems started when we turned on the heating. I do think there is a lot of air in the system. Will have to find out about a pressure relief pipe. Happy to post pictures, but not sure what of ??

Happy to post pictures, but not sure what of ??

Newly installed and filled systems do evolve significant amounts of air and hydrogen for a couple of months after installation. This is not usually a problem providing the expansion vessel is correctly sized, filled and in good order, the system was flushed properly, dosed with inhibitor, the pipework doesn't have any 'inverted Us' and there is a an automatic vent at the highest point. The householder just has to top up a few times until things settle down.

The fact that you are having to bleed radiators frequently suggests to me that one or more of the items on my list has been overlooked.

Post those pics and let's go hunting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New closed system losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock