Search the forum,

Discuss new centramag filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

fitted one today very impressed,i have ordered 020.jpg021.jpg022.jpg023.jpg024.jpg025.jpg more already

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 378
That looks more sturdy than the magnaclean to be fair. Not to sure about it being in white though, it'll get filthy if you get sludge all over it when it's serviced.

filters are all pretty much the same, comes down to the price your paying them for.
are they cheaper than £70

to be fair its designed so you flush through with clean water but i wanted to take it out and see what crap it had caught,it does wipe off quite easily,it also comes with service washers,not really having issues with magnacleans but this looks a better product altogether so i am specifying this brand in future

I used Sentinels new one last week, crap I thought - wouldn't stop weeping at first

Seen them on Paul's counter! All down to you Tom hope you got a free one!

No I didn't! Will be having STERN words lol. He did ring to ask about my recommendation but never told me he started stocking them. Did you notice the price?

When are you about in Cas bud? I thought you were too good for us lowly folk these days?

No I didn't! Will be having STERN words lol. He did ring to ask about my recommendation but never told me he started stocking them. Did you notice the price?

When are you about in Cas bud? I thought you were too good for us lowly folk these days?

Lol pal, full demo one on counter in box, glossy A5 leaflets on counter, did not get price as in a rush picking up a fan for a Baxi Solo3 yesterday and only Mick was in, Ginger prince was out somewhere......I asked who got them stocked Mick said You so get a free one pal......

i like the flat washer on the lid, rather o ring, like the brass insert for drain valve, like it all but the valves and maybe will get grubby as others have pointed out, full pack of replacements washers in box too!

Vern if you decide to buy the centramag filter and look at the valves there is a o ring seated under the handle so to prevent any leaks and i have made sure that spare o rings are in the box but Vern if you have any issues dont hesitate in contacting me .I have given out 300 free samples and not one person has complained about the valves please do not compare my valves with magnaclean because the internal fitting of the valves are slightly different .
I like it Steve I think the valves will be the weak spot as they are same as the Magnacleans which are sh1 t!

We collected 2 from AT Carr (AMS) on approval - both installed no problems - it is a very sturdy easy installed unit - the strainer for non magnetic cr- stuff is clever.

The valves are not like the early Magnaclean ones and as said the sealing ring on top is designed to last.

We will be paying for our two and buyin more now........centralheatking

you can wipe the filter with jiff or white spirits
Lol pal, full demo one on counter in box, glossy A5 leaflets on counter, did not get price as in a rush picking up a fan for a Baxi Solo3 yesterday and only Mick was in, Ginger prince was out somewhere......I asked who got them stocked Mick said You so get a free one pal......

i like the flat washer on the lid, rather o ring, like the brass insert for drain valve, like it all but the valves and maybe will get grubby as others have pointed out, full pack of replacements washers in box too!

Haha, lets hope that's the case!

Fitted a couple now, and pleased with the results, will most likely be my filter of choice for the moment.

edit to add: A 28mm version would be nice as well

Last edited:
Vern if you decide to buy the centramag filter and look at the valves there is a o ring seated under the handle so to prevent any leaks and i have made sure that spare o rings are in the box but Vern if you have any issues dont hesitate in contacting me .I have given out 300 free samples and not one person has complained about the valves please do not compare my valves with magnaclean because the internal fitting of the valves are slightly different .

Right pal will take your word that the valves are different, only glanced at them TBH ......you'll be eating any valves that leak though for breakfast lol!!

Has anyone captured any non magnetic crude in the Centramag? I can see Mark has lots of magnetic sludge in his pics, only asking as not impressed with the Sentinel eliminator, indeed one nearly ( read would have had i not been in) flooded my own house when I fitted my new WB boiler at Christmas, I have found their weak spot through this!

All you need to do when servicing is to remove magnet and flush ,you never need to disassemble
That looks more sturdy than the magnaclean to be fair. Not to sure about it being in white though, it'll get filthy if you get sludge all over it when it's serviced.

All you need to do when servicing is to remove magnet and flush ,you never need to disassemble

I have to say bud, I'm very impressed and chuffed for you, that you've managed to design, manufacture and get this product to market without the help of the big boys, especially at the price point you've achieved, considering the positive feedback you've been getting, and I wish you every success with it. Hope it goes well for you.

Now send Paul an email and make sure I get my free sample! Lol

I am still not over the finishing line yet ,currently I am negotiating with a few distributors .
My aim is to have Centramag in every independent merchants,but that will take time .Also being a one man band cash flow is a sticky wicket with banks not lending

Centramag will always come with a spanner , the spanner will not be withdrawn to save costs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like others have done.

Last edited:
Just to add to this I fitted my first Centramag last week.

The customer liked the packaging.

RIMG0001 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Once opened

RIMG0002 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

You can see the bag of spare washers etc.

RIMG0003 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

I was a bit concerned about screwing the tap in until I saw the brass thread.

RIMG0004 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

The tap seems nice and robust.

RIMG0005 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Close up of the filtration system.

RIMG0006 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new centramag filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I can't get the glass tube out. There's no maker's marks on the filter. It's at least 10 years old, and the UV bulb is 33" long - that's all I know about it. In all of the videos online, there's a bit you unscrew from the bottom. There's nothing to unscrew on the bottom of this one. It's not...
Replies
Views
B
I'm looking for a recirculating cooker hood as I have a flat and the cooker isn't near the external wall. Most of the cookers have carbon filters. Is that the same as charcoal filters ? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock