Search the forum,

Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you wanting to run more than one outlet at the same time tho ?

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

Yes I would like too run 2 outlets at the same time

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

There's your problem you won't get 14+ lpm out of 15mm with elbows etc

Sorry to say you will struggle to have two outlets open at the same time With a combi

Best option would be heat only boiler and unvented cylinder if your flow and pressure are ok

Am I getting a new bathroom and want a powerful shower. Can I put a boost for water pressure on the shower?

Nope as your on a combi

You need to think about if your going to need two outlets open at the same time e.g. Kitchen tap and shower etc if you are, you have the wrong system

What system do I need and what can I do too change

Three options but both require a new boiler

One heat only boiler with a unvented cylinder
Two heat only boiler and gravity cylinder with a pump
Three storage combi (Viessmann 222) depending on your mains flow maybe an accumulator if less than 20lpm

Also with it being in the loft you will instantly be on a downer as the pressure has to travel up three floors before reaching the boiler. Upgrade the pipes to the boiler. You should get more flow as long as you have the pressure in the mains

Edit. Got to be a cheaper option to start with

Beginning to lose patience with this one, loads of good advice been given, take it!
First option, upgrade cold mains from stop tap to boiler. If still not enough, and you will always struggle to have two outlets at same time with combi in the loft, then you could have megaflo for second bathroom with diverter valve off combi heating side. Increase main from boundary into house to 25mm.

Yes I will upgrade to 22mm pipe.
I carried my question on to ask about the shower and it's the first I've heard about a megaflo so now it confused things even more as so many different things. First I'm being told I can't have a boost for flow now I'm being told I can

Yes I will upgrade to 22mm pipe.
I carried my question on to ask about the shower and it's the first I've heard about a megaflo so now it confused things even more as so many different things. First I'm being told I can't have a boost for flow now I'm being told I can
Mega flow is an unvented cylinder.

Never fitted one but I have heard stories where the pipe to the house is not big enough to supply the demand that the pump wants and the pipe has ran dry. But could just be a story?

how you getting on dale?

Go for accumulator. Biggest volume you have space for.

Have successfully applied accumulator to system running only 8 lpm, to function withMegaflow. Look after other systems with this setup, working fine. About to install another accumulator system boosting from 22 lpm to 45 lpm at peak. I think for a lot it’s the unknown and sizing and adequate pressure is prerequisite. Consult accumulator manufacturer if in doubt. Otherwise the only other options for you is break tank with booster pump at low level or storage gravity fed at high level. There is no cheap and easy way to overcome this.

Have successfully applied accumulator to system running only 8 lpm, to function withMegaflow. Look after other systems with this setup, working fine. About to install another accumulator system boosting from 22 lpm to 45 lpm at peak. I think for a lot it’s the unknown and sizing and adequate pressure is prerequisite. Consult accumulator manufacturer if in doubt. Otherwise the only other options for you is break tank with booster pump at low level or storage gravity fed at high level. There is no cheap and easy way to overcome this.

Your still only going to get 10 minutes with a 300l accumulator with two outlets open at 14lpm

And home boost can only do 12lpm which is what you have now

Why are people on here tell me it will work and 2 different plumbers who came round told me it will work then?
We are not right all the time. The advice we give is based on our own knowledge base. In this trade what works for one property does not necessarily work in another. I for instance try to offer the best advice I can to a reasonable cost to the customer. You may fit an accumulator and you will be no better off at all. But I for one would like to know the outcome if you do manage to fix your issue.

We are not right all the time. The advice we give is based on our own knowledge base. In this trade what works for one property does not necessarily work in another. I for instance try to offer the best advice I can to a reasonable cost to the customer. You may fit an accumulator and you will be no better off at all. But I for one would like to know the outcome if you do manage to fix your issue.
My above post was supposed to say may be no better off at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock