Search the forum,

Discuss New Build - Pipes Not Secured In Walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone kindly advise if it’s accceptable for water pipes within walls to a basin be lose and not secured with significant play?

Thanks in advance.

539E4311-58EA-4D8E-907C-849472148196.jpeg

Idealy they would be fixed but the loose pipe police arent going to knock on the door

Whats the story? new bathroom and you are not happy?

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I was just concerned this was not right as some seem secure and others very lose.

There were houses built in the 60s with long runs of copper pipe run under the floors unsupported. It's not a new thing. They are probably mostly still giving good service.

Not ideal, especially now we have quarter turn taps that shut off very quickly, solonoid valves on washing machines and showers, and equilibrium float valves, compared with the old fittings of the day that could only be turned off slowly, but not worth losing sleep over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Build - Pipes Not Secured In Walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock