Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler? Tank? System? Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,
I moved house last year and have inherited an eccentric plumbing system..
I have a Worcester boiler 90/110 from 2001. It has no valve in system allowing me to turn off the heating though and through winter I have to run heating and hot water at same time to get heating to work. The controller for heating merely controls a circulating pump, no mechanical valve.
I currently have a very small, uninsulated hit water tank, that needs upgrading and moving to make space in a bathroom.
As far as I can see I can keep the old boiler, move a new tank into the loft and raise header tanks above (lots of ree routing of pipework).
Or replace tank with unvented hot water tank in loft (new bigger required?)
Or replace the whole lot with an oil combi boiler?
Any suggestions as to which is better option? House is old, quite large,4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 en suite.
Any advice greatly received

Thanks
Neil

Welcome Neil. You need to register properly with the forum and with a username and repost to receive answers. Anyone could come into the thread using your name

As above and how old are the rads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler? Tank? System? Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock