Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt if the salus came top of a which poll

It didn't, but Salus RT500 came with a good recommendation from the GSR who apparently had it installed in his home and had it with no trouble and sees it everywhere..

Talked through with him regarding my requirements, watched demo video, read amazon reviews (175 views #1 bestseller?)...most of all a wifi control with 7 day thermostat without breaking your budget and havent received a negative review from a GSR yet! ;-)

:)

Ideal Vogue every time.

Similar to a Vaillant in design but better value. More economical then any of the above. 10 year warranty and it looks pretty.

Bigger isn't always better, especially for combi's. The difference between a 28kw and a 24kw as far as hot water is concerned is about 2 mins longer to run a full (100 litre) bath, assuming you add no cold. The difference is the bigger the boiler the less chance you have of reducing short cycling on heating.

Hot water = approx 30% of your fuel bill
Heating = approx 70%

So the savings are in the heating and the way the system is designed, not how fast you can run a hot tap.

For a few extra quid you could add weather compensation and further increase the efficiency.
i agree with this ^ :)

I've fitted 3 rt500's and had no problems. I was wary of fitting them as salus have proved to be too much trouble in the past but that is what they wanted. So far so good and they love them.

Sorry it wasn't rt 500's i fitted (they are shyte). It was IT500's the internet ones.
If you want a std radio prog thermostat get a honeywell cm927 or similar

If you wouldn't go with Salus, what would you recommend or which brand do you think has less trouble? Please share..

Honeywell for me. Drayton MiTime is also good now, but have had problems with them in the past.

Sorry it wasn't rt 500's i fitted (they are shyte). It was IT500's the internet ones.
If you want a std radio prog thermostat get a honeywell cm927 or similar

oops, its the RT500 that i hv been recommended..

I didn't quite like it to begin with however got swayed by the GSR's personal review etc as in my previous post..
will have a look at the IT500 and honeywell for the cost diff etc.,

would prefer honeywell if its in the budget as my present honeywell dial thermostat is still fine..however its not a programmable one and i dont want to mess with the integral timer everytime i want to override a timer setting or to temporarily increase the heating few degrees. It would be handy to have a control that i can easily use on a daily basis and that prevents me from messing with the boiler..

it sounds simple but too many choices and not sure if some of the expensive ones are worth buying...happy to spend about £50 including installation. Would be prepared to go to about £80-100 max if it has amazing features and high flying reviews..

what do u think of Baxi wireless 7 day programmable thermostat?

It 500 costs around £140, cm927 and any other decent wireless programmable stat cost around £100+, a wired cm707 around £60

Installation excluded

It 500 costs around £140, cm927 and any other decent wireless programmable stat cost around £100+, a wired cm707 around £60

Installation excluded
thanks, my present honeywell thermostat apparently has two wires and therefore i need to either go for something which can manage with 2 wires or get a wireless one...
from reading about honeywell it seems it can manage with 2 wires,..so could go for a cm707 as its close enough to my budget..
IT500 seems too expensive for my needs and cant justify spending that on a controller..;-)

Honeywell cm 901 and 907 are two wired, battery powered versions of the cm 921and 927 wireless prog stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock