Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler - Ideal Vogue advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stumpers

It's been a while since I've been in the market for a new boiler, but sadly the time has come. I've been looking at one of the Ideal Vogues, the main reason being the 10 year warranty being offered by some of the installers in my area.

The thing is, I seem to remember hearing about Ideal boilers basically being not fit for purpose. There's even an installer down in London who refuse to touch them all, but I don't know if this is still true. I did a bit of digging and found an old thread on here which put my mind at rest. The only thing is that it's almost 2 years old now - is the advice still relevant, or are there newer, similar spec models from other manufacturers which have leapfrogged them.

Thanks in advance :)

The ideal vogue is a brilliant machine all you do need to be aware of is get it fitted by an experienced engineer who is going to do it to the manufacturers guidancE. If you do a search on here you will find thread after thread of manufacturers trying to wriggle out of warranties. Don't put your warranty at risk by having things done on the cheap

A few months ago I would have encouraged you with great enthusiasm. I fitted loads of Ideals - Vogues and Logics.. However a couple of them developed problems within a couple of years, and the way they dealt with the warranty has left a very bad taste...

They are great boilers but the company.... Caveat emptor!

I have never fitted a vogue, but I have fitted a lot of logics. The couple that have gone wrong so far have been sorted with no fuss from the manufacturer.
I did get called by someone who needed a system flush for Ideal to carry on with the warranty after they had to replace a plate heat exchanger on a 2 year old boiler. The system wasnt particularly dirty, but if the plate was blocked that seems fair enough.

I think its down to the engineer who turns up to look at the boiler. Worcester Bosch are renowned for having the best after care and offer long warranties from Accredited Installers, they are always my first choice.

I would say look at worcester bosch rather than the vogue a quality product which magazine best boiler winner year after year good after sales service and very reliable.

Vogue , miles ahead of logics , but yes Ideal are having problems. If you want a 10 year warrenty on a boiler go Viessmann, obviously my opinion , I wouldnt fit a Worcester in my worst enemys house , as said my opinion .

I would say look at worcester bosch rather than the vogue a quality product which magazine best boiler winner year after year good after sales service and very reliable.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of advertising Worcester do in Which magazine, honest guv! :p

if you want a worcester, you can have mine off my wall !!

as for Ideal..i would not touch them with a barge pole & if i did because i charged ÂŁ5k to fit it, you wouldnt see me afterwards if and when it goes on a wobbly!

but thats your choice and folk like what they read. but, always proove if the source has been autenticated and not fabricated.

Dont rule out baxi platinum.
Also good units with 10yr and great backup. Viessman and other fringe brands havent got the backup.

Some will raise an eyebrow when I say Vokera. Ive only fitted the lower end ones so far - seem quite well made for what they cost but their high end linea 1 is very good.
True 10/1 gas modulation which offers potential for more gas savings with more accurate modulation steps.

Dont rule out baxi platinum.
Also good units with 10yr and great backup. Viessman and other fringe brands havent got the backup.

Some will raise an eyebrow when I say Vokera. Ive only fitted the lower end ones so far - seem quite well made for what they cost but their high end linea 1 is very good.
True 10/1 gas modulation which offers potential for more gas savings with more accurate modulation steps.
i'd rather install vokera 30c low ends than any Ideal's there all going the icos route imo.

Just took apart a new easiheat this evening over a glass of g&t in my living room for a job on monday. Switched it over to LPG to save time at the job. They are canny inside. All bits accessible and a good choice as compact for statics.
Box is tiny compared to a duotec

Ideal as a company are dire.

Worcester only company that offer a guarantee

Just saying

Ideal as a company are dire.

Worcester only company that offer a guarantee

Just saying

Just took apart a new easiheat this evening over a glass of g&t in my living room for a job on monday. Switched it over to LPG to save time at the job. They are canny inside. All bits accessible and a good choice as compact for statics.

is that legal ;)

Never really had many problems with newer Worcester or Vaillant boilers, although installed a Worcester Highflow 550cdi the other day and the gas valve was quite far out.

Seem to be getting more and more callouts recently to Ideal Logic boilers losing pressure,the heat exchangers are sh*t and Ideal couldnt give a toss.

Easyheats are my natural choice for LL jobs but then again it is an easy choice as 9 out of 10 will already have a vokera so don't need to swap pipes around.
Decent enough wee boiler with a 5 year for ÂŁ400+ and no more unreliable than any other boiler.

Come on guys this is turning into a slagging match we have all got our preferences when it comes to installs don't think this is helping the original poster , truth is choose a brand look at the warranty offered find a good reputable installer who will look after the boiler every year so that warranty is honoured.

Vogue , miles ahead of logics , but yes Ideal are having problems. If you want a 10 year warrenty on a boiler go Viessmann, obviously my opinion , I wouldnt fit a Worcester in my worst enemys house , as said my opinion .

Hi mate,

What problems did you have that you do not want to fit Worcester boilers? I totally understand people have the favourites and stick to 1-2 types of boilers but honestly what is the issue with Worcester boiler?

If you had a customer who would like a top quality boiler what would you recommend and why?
Same question with a not too rich customer which wants a relatively cheap medium range boiler what boiler would you go for and why ?

I am just asking to find out what other people would fit ..

I believe boilers whether expensive or cheap they are made to break down at some point. It is the same thing with cars they are made to break down to earn make more money.

I am with you bud Worcester for top end and Baxi platinum or duo tec , for mid range

Come on guys this is turning into a slagging match we have all got our preferences when it comes to installs don't think this is helping the original poster , truth is choose a brand look at the warranty offered find a good reputable installer who will look after the boiler every year so that warranty is honoured.

I disagree completely. The OP has come to us looking for opinions. We are giving him our views based on real-life experience of manufacturers. How else is someone going to find out what kind of back-up or warranty support manufacturers really offer? Each brand will advertise that they are wonderful. Each glossy brochure will promise the earth. It's very easy to offer long warranties, but of manufacturers try and wriggle out of them, they are just empty words. It's not slagging off, it's telling out how it is in our experience.

Disagree all you like bud i still stand by what i said the poor guy wont have clue which way to go now , Get a worcester Greenstar 34cdi classic , a worcester filter , and a worcester wave that will give you a 7 years warranty and peace of mind should it fail it will be sorted end of . regards k

I disagree completely. The OP has come to us looking for opinions. We are giving him our views based on real-life experience of manufacturers. How else is someone going to find out what kind of back-up or warranty support manufacturers really offer? Each brand will advertise that they are wonderful. Each glossy brochure will promise the earth. It's very easy to offer long warranties, but of manufacturers try and wriggle out of them, they are just empty words. It's not slagging off, it's telling out how it is in our experience.

So true! How often you get warranty on sound systems, phones, boilers ... and later when you phone them up they are going to tell you it's not under warranty because of this and this and this ... they always find ways to tell you they don't cover things because of some reasons.

Disagree all you like bud i still stand by what i said the poor guy wont have clue which way to go now , Get a worcester Greenstar 34cdi classic , a worcester filter , and a worcester wave that will give you a 7 years warranty and peace of mind should it fail it will be sorted end of . regards k

But the OP shouldn't chose a boiler just because of the long warranty... if it's were me I'd chose a boiler with a good reputation which has high quality on products. But then again the life of a boiler depends not only on the manufacturer but on the customer too as you will need to look after it. Once a year servicing etc ... how many customer did you come across and they told you after asking when was the last service " I think it was 5-8 years ago "... I mean installing a boiler worth of ÂŁ1200 but not looking after it, it's no point is it. And 10 years warranty won't help you much.

And I stand by what I said - if you buy an Ideal, beware that in a lot of installers' experience the warranty backup is less than ideal. You haven't actually helped the "poor guy" much either - all you've done is trumpet the virtues of Worcester, which is only your opinion. Just as valid as anyone else's, of course, but no grounds to silence everyone else's opinion.

At the end of the day with Worcester you are paying good ÂŁ100 just for the badge. They advertise, they get in them Which surveys too..
Customer service aside I see Ideal as value for money, Worcester is just wool over your eyes, nice badge yes but inside nothing to justify the premium. In my opinion they are outdated, bread and butter install yes but servicing is a pain, repair is a pain, lack of even most basic controls and functions. Why is it the most expensive brand again?

At the end of the day with Worcester you are paying good ÂŁ100 just for the badge. They advertise, they get in them Which surveys too..
Customer service aside I see Ideal as value for money, Worcester is just wool over your eyes, nice badge yes but inside nothing to justify the premium. In my opinion they are outdated, bread and butter install yes but servicing is a pain, repair is a pain, lack of even most basic controls and functions. Why is it the most expensive brand again?

Worcesters are overpriced for what you get.
Back up is good.
But so is baxi - when i call just after midday'ish on a friday and they are there fixing it 10am Saturday morning - it doesn't get much better than that..

Customers never complain of lumpiness and they are always right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler - Ideal Vogue advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock